Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Interior & Trunk

Fuel Tank to Filler Pipe Hose

(1/3) > >>

Sunlitgold68:
Mustang vendors indicate the fuel tank to filler pipe hose is incorrect texture. Is this correct and is anything wrong with using an original if it's in good shape.

CharlesTurner:
NPD sells a "correct" hose, but I have never purchased it. 

J_Speegle:
IMHO NEVER a problem with reusing nice original parts.

Scott302:
Repro hoses do not have the "rough" texture of the original.  When I stay rough it's relative to the current smooth surface.  Same with the radiator hoses.  Originals on both had a more lumpy, pebble-y (I'm struggling for terms here) texture.
As for using an original, an article in "Antique Automobile", IIRC, a few years ago written by a fuel system engineer suggested that they should not be used due degradation from age, and from additives in current fuels causing fumes to leak and possibly total failure.  I have the article somewhere.  If I can dig it up I'll post the date for reference if you contact AACA.
Scott

TLea:

--- Quote from: Scott302 on January 23, 2010, 07:38:19 PM ---Repro hoses do not have the "rough" texture of the original.  When I stay rough it's relative to the current smooth surface.  Same with the radiator hoses.  Originals on both had a more lumpy, pebble-y (I'm struggling for terms here) texture.

--- End quote ---
alligator?   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version