Author Topic: 66 Pony Seats?  (Read 2265 times)

Offline mdewberry

66 Pony Seats?
« on: February 28, 2010, 05:44:04 PM »
I am looking to replace my Blue/White original pony interior!! I realize that the new stuff out there will not have the hard rubber insert on the pony logo!! After talking to a few local people, I understand that Distinctive and TMI are the only distributors.  I have been told that the TMI has finer detail in the print and the Distinctive is built to handle alittle more abuse.  This car is an original car and I use it as a daily driver, I will be showing it this spring/summer car show scene.  And it is that I might be going to my first show in Mustang, OK in the Daily Driver class, does anyone have any comments on which route or brand to go with?  Thanks
66 Mustang Coupe
Nightmist Blue w/Pony Interior
289 2V
Original 3rd Owner

Offline mdewberry

Re: 66 Pony Seats?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 12:44:31 AM »
Does anyone have input on which is better?
66 Mustang Coupe
Nightmist Blue w/Pony Interior
289 2V
Original 3rd Owner

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 01:56:22 AM »
Sorry have not purchased pony interior in many years. I'll move the post to the 64-66 area to see if we can shake up some help for you ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 09:04:48 AM »
We handle TMI brand seat upholstery.  The quality and detail is quite nice.  As far as durability goes, the big plus about the TMI brand is the extruded vinyl (solid vinyl like original) piping/cord on the upholstery.  This is far superior to the wrapped vinyl cord that Distinctive used to use (I assume their upholstery is still made with that.)  Overall, we have found the TMI brand to be superior to any other upholstery.

Offline classicdoug

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 10:58:32 PM »
We install only TMI at my shop.  I haven't had any bad experiences with Distinctive, it's just that I've had many really good experiences with TMI.  Like Brandt said, the extruded piping is one reason I like it.  Otherwise it always fits nice.  Be sure and order TMI foam also.  Off brand foam is not as good and some don't include the listing wire in the foam.

Doug