Marketplace > Services Offered

Recoring an OEM Radiator

(1/4) > >>

DM_1964:
Just curious to know the cost of getting an OEM radiator recored in the US, I've had a couple of quotes here down under and they bring a tear to the eye...

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: DM_1964 on September 11, 2014, 12:02:25 AM ---Just curious to know the cost of getting an OEM radiator recored in the US, I've had a couple of quotes here down under and they bring a tear to the eye...

--- End quote ---
400-500 US is somewhat typical. The problem is that the cores that you can get now are different in appearance compared to the cores back in the day, the newer cores are more efficient is why they evolved however that can be bad news for a restorer try to recreate the assemblyline look.

DM_1964:
Thanks Bob, that's exactly around the pricing I've been quoted.
Not sure what the Aussie rules would be around the newer core but I'd assume as long as it resembles the original and retaining everything bar the core should do fine.

petersixtfive:
Dom
Have you found anyone that does a 2 row core near you
Also keep in mind the tube spacing centre to centre and also fins per inch

3 row recore/conversion using your original top and bottom tanks in Melbourne is about $A380

Peter

DM_1964:

--- Quote from: peter41 on September 11, 2014, 06:42:29 AM ---Have you found anyone that does a 2 row core near you
Also keep in mind the tube spacing centre to centre and also fins per inch

3 row recore/conversion using your original top and bottom tanks in Melbourne is about $A380

--- End quote ---
Hi Pete,
Yeah my quotes have been for both:
2 Row  Aprox. $A510
3 Row  Aprox   $A587
The cores I'm told are Aussie made as I asked if swapping the core with a repro unit would do, that's when I was told to use locally made, there's little difference in the cost so it wouldn't be worth sacraficing a repro for the sake of it...
$380 is a good deal!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version