Author Topic: Well Liner screws  (Read 690 times)

Offline Herman

Well Liner screws
« on: October 28, 2014, 01:43:38 AM »
Hello All

I am seeking some assistance with the number of Well Liner screws for 66 Convertible.  When I was recently replacing the screws attaching the Well Liner to body, I noticed there were screws holes appoximately 10 inches apart all the way around.  However the number of screws within the reproduction screw kit (11x supplied) aren't enough to fill all the screws holes.

Therefore, does anyone know the correct number screws required to attached the well liner to the body.

Thanks in advance
Herman
Washing, polishing and cleaning stuff some more in an attempt to retain that 'Golden nugget'

Offline Chris

Re: Well Liner screws
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 09:39:31 PM »
I looked in the '65 interior assembly manual by Osborn, page 45, and it shows 13 screws (380025-8) for the well liner (described as "trim assembly- folding top compartment rear") for securing each side and the back portion of the liner. For the front part of the liner directly behind the seat, it calls out 5 screws (377948-S2) for securing this section. Spacing of the screws is not described. Since there is no mention of a need to drill holes, I'm guessing existing holes corresponding to the number of screws listed would already exist.
64 1/2 Poppy Red Convertible, 260V8 auto, 19 June 64

Offline Herman

Re: Well Liner screws
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 03:55:49 PM »
Hi Chris

Thanks for the information and I'll check mine to see if it these are the same.

regards
Herman
Washing, polishing and cleaning stuff some more in an attempt to retain that 'Golden nugget'