Author Topic: Lucky forum members  (Read 2548 times)

Offline 1969 Cale II

Lucky forum members
« on: November 11, 2014, 08:03:22 PM »
I hope you guys on this forum know how lucky you are to have this. There is so much info on the Mustangs and so many people that KNOW stuff to help make your cars better. You can tell by my user name I don't own a mustang, so trying to find stuff about Cyclones and more specifically Spoiler II's is almost impossible. I joined this forum to learn what is in common with the Mustang (more than you think) and to find vendors to help me out, which I have had 3 people from this forum do stuff for me. I am doing a concours resto on this car and when I talk to an 'expert' they don't know and don't care to even find out an answer. I am left finding out for my self. They only made 353 bodies (not just an option code) and I have learned how these cars are built, items that the experts don't know. I know the number of mustangs made makes this happen, but being so few people that have any help can be a downer.
Keep up the good work.
Chris 

Offline mtinkham

• That'll be easy
Re: Lucky forum members
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 01:07:45 PM »
I too value this forum, the content, the knowledge, and the overall willingness to help.  Thank you.

Mark
1967 S-code Fastback, GT, 3-speed manual, Metuchen, Scheduled 04-21-1967 - Actual 04-25-1967

Offline Mike_B_SVT

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 06:27:24 PM »
I too value this forum, the content, the knowledge, and the overall willingness to help.  Thank you.

Mark

Me too!  Always find something new / interesting / useful here.  Alot of it does apply, even though I'm not sporting a mustang.
Thanks You!

Mike B.

2003 Mustang Cobra Convertible
1 of 354 in Sonic Blue

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior), 428SCJ, Ram-Air, 4-speed w/ Hurst shifter
Built: Dearborn, Oct 6th, 1969
Cat Bites Man!

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 11:01:27 PM »
Thank you guys for the kind comments - really happy you find the site and information here useful.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Smokey 15

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 01:19:40 PM »
 I don't own a Mustang either. I have owned several though. I currently have a '78 Futura with '79 Cobra guts. I came on here looking to find out what a pair of rims I had were originally from. I received the answer immediately. I stay on here because I like the folks on here and I have gained some valuable knowledge. I know zip about concourse restos (I'm a street car/racer), but I have a lot of other experiences that I can contribute when applicable. 
 And, BTW, I love Mercurys as well. Just sold a 5,000 actual mile '72 Montego MX Brougham 2dr..  Any pics of Your Merc?
 Thank You, Mr. Speegle for this site. Well run.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:22:09 PM by Smokey 15 »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 02:50:49 PM »
As a reminder (or education for some) I was just the third spoke in the wheel in the design and development of the site. Charles insisted ;) that I follow him to this new site Randy had initially had set up for our specific focus. Randy was a great help in working behind the curtain and making sure the lights stayed on. In 2013 Charles and I took over the site allowing him time for other things.  So it's no one person that is responsible for what we have here today and we could not have grown this large without ALLOT of support from the membership, especially the charter members that joined up the first few weeks to show support for the idea and site.

Just wanted to make clear this is not solely my site though I'm proud of what we all have done here, I'm just one of the members that currently has the time to dedicate to it, has keys to the front door and sweeps up around the place.  Just happy to be of service - but enough about us ....... back to the details :)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 03:13:20 PM »
Thank you guys for the kind comments - really happy you find the site and information here useful.

+++1!!

:) ;D
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 10:01:44 PM »
As a reminder (or education for some) I was just the third spoke in the wheel in the design and development of the site. Charles insisted ;) that I follow him to this new site Randy had initially had set up for our specific focus. Randy was a great help in working behind the curtain and making sure the lights stayed on. In 2013 Charles and I took over the site allowing him time for other things.  So it's no one person that is responsible for what we have here today and we could not have grown this large without ALLOT of support from the membership, especially the charter members that joined up the first few weeks to show support for the idea and site.

Just wanted to make clear this is not solely my site though I'm proud of what we all have done here, I'm just one of the members that currently has the time to dedicate to it, has keys to the front door and sweeps up around the place.  Just happy to be of service - but enough about us ....... back to the details :)
That's the other Randy, who went by the Internet name "Sluggo".  Just in case someone was confused about names...
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline krelboyne

• West Coast Classic Cougars
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 12:23:05 AM »
I hope you guys on this forum know how lucky you are to have this. There is so much info on the Mustangs and so many people that KNOW stuff to help make your cars better. You can tell by my user name I don't own a mustang, so trying to find stuff about Cyclones and more specifically Spoiler II's is almost impossible. I joined this forum to learn what is in common with the Mustang (more than you think) and to find vendors to help me out, which I have had 3 people from this forum do stuff for me. I am doing a concours resto on this car and when I talk to an 'expert' they don't know and don't care to even find out an answer. I am left finding out for my self. They only made 353 bodies (not just an option code) and I have learned how these cars are built, items that the experts don't know. I know the number of mustangs made makes this happen, but being so few people that have any help can be a downer.
Keep up the good work.
Chris

I met Richard Fleener at a couple of car shows in California, he is pretty passionate about the Cyclone Spoilers. I understand that he and his wife moved to the midwest? I also have a friend of mine that has Yarborough Special in storage.
Scott Behncke - Carcheaologist
West Coast Classic Cougars
503-463-1130
1968 GT/CS 302-4V San Jose 05B
1968 Cougar XR7 Dearborn 09A