Author Topic: 69 Mustang Shelby Interior Firewall Pad and cowl pad Photos  (Read 1840 times)

Offline VikingNJ

69 Mustang Shelby Interior Firewall Pad and cowl pad Photos
« on: October 10, 2016, 10:09:07 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My firewall pad was in very bad shape when removing it from the car. My car is a non-AC car. Was wondering if anyone has a non-AC firewall pad in good shape that could take a few photos and post them so I can compare it to mine and fill in where needed. Mine is missing some areas. Thanks so much.

Nils

PS if you all have photos of the insulation/black bag pad that is glued to the bottom of the cowl. Mine was 75 % gone. I am going to reproduce one but need photos so I can see where area that need openings for brackets and attachment point.

Offline rockhouse66

Re: 69 Mustang Shelby Interior Firewall Pad and cowl pad Photos
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 09:04:34 AM »
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline rockhouse66

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 09:14:19 AM »
I think this one is missing some stuff around the clutch rod.  I added a closeup of that area from another car that shows more padding in that area.

Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline VikingNJ

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 10:10:39 AM »
Thank you for responding. Just to confirm this is for a non-AC car? Yea, I am missing around pedal area too.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 04:18:19 PM »
Another point for consideration is that your Shelby would have likely had a different finish/texture on the surface facing the interior/driver side.

Couple shots of a 69 Dearborn example (non-AC) - mid year car. Will look to see if I can find a shot of the far drivers side to complete the full picture

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 04:20:34 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline rockhouse66

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 05:52:32 PM »
Jeff - since he was asking about shape I didn't figure it mattered but, then again, it probably always matters when you are speaking of such details.  The complete pad picture I posted is a Dearborn pad.  The closeup picture is a 3/69 San Jose pad.  And yes, they are both non-A/C pads.
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 06:28:46 PM »
Jeff - since he was asking about shape I didn't figure it mattered but, then again, it probably always matters when you are speaking of such details.  The complete pad picture I posted is a Dearborn pad.  The closeup picture is a 3/69 San Jose pad.  And yes, they are both non-A/C pads.

Didn't mean to suggest that your pictures didn't count just sharing/reminding others that would view the thread of the texture difference. As for both suppliers have exactly the same cutouts one would think so but we do often find that we can't assume that and IMHO at least we need to entertain and check to see if our understanding shows the test of research.

Did look through my pictures and couldn't find a nice clear shot of the drivers side of the column picture :(
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)