Author Topic: Trace my 66 GT Coupe  (Read 825 times)

Offline Tiny

Trace my 66 GT Coupe
« on: December 12, 2017, 04:55:15 AM »
My 66 Springtime yellow GT Coupe was imported into Australia in 2009.  I'm trying to find out some history of the vehicle during its 50 years.  All I have is the below information from whom the vehicle was purchased for export to Australia however the business is now closed down.  If anyone can point me in the direction of an email address, new business or someone who may know the business owner or anything that may assist would be much appreciated.

Details: Vehicle purchased from, 'San Diego Classic & Muscle Cars' - 1155 Industrial Ave, Escondido. The owner was apparently named Jay.

That's all the information I have of the business and proprietor.
67 San Jose Built GTA 390 Coupe
C6, PS, A/C

Offline 69RavenConv

• Owner since '74
Re: Trace my 66 GT Coupe
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 09:21:36 AM »
A Google search turned up this 2009 article from the San Diego Tribune, showing the owner's name was Jay Weinberg.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-auto-classics-were-a-hobby-now-theyre-his-business-2009jan30-story.html

The website www.sandiegoclassicandmusclecars.com redirects to Rare Performance Motorcars, (RPM) in Phoenix, AZ (http://www.rpmotorcars.com/) so perhaps RPM acquired the assets of SD Classic and Musclecars and may have their old records.

You may try contacting RPM in Phoenix, or try to locate Mr. Weinberg in San Diego.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:54:28 AM by 69RavenConv »
Phil
'69 Convertible - Dearborn June 4, 1969 - Raven Black & Red - 302-2V

Offline Tiny

Re: Trace my 66 GT Coupe
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 02:44:22 PM »
Great thank you so much for your assistance.  I will send an email to the RPM business and see if they can help me.

Thanks again
67 San Jose Built GTA 390 Coupe
C6, PS, A/C