Author Topic: 67 gt 350 brake booster line  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Brian in PA

67 gt 350 brake booster line
« on: March 13, 2016, 01:33:26 PM »
Was the factory steel used from the manifold to the rubber hose to the brake booster?  Or was this changes at Shelby?  Thanks

Ps any pics?

Thanks Brian.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 67 gt 350 brake booster line
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 06:40:27 PM »
Hope these help

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 06:51:48 PM »
Was the factory steel used from the manifold to the rubber hose to the brake booster?  Or was this changes at Shelby?  Thanks

Ps any pics?

Thanks Brian.
To add -it is important in understanding some off the process's for the conversion that the aluminum intake was installed on the engine as  (oil pressure line installed at SA) at the Ford engine plant and then installed on the SJ assemblyline like any other Mustang.  SA got Ford to do a lot for cost saving reasons. About the only thing that SA had to install engine related was the SW oil pressure line (and things related to that installation)regardless of if GT350 or GT500.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Brian in PA

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 09:01:56 PM »
Thanks fellas!  It looks like some inconsistent lines too.  Maybe what was laying around or just hand made to fit application? 

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 09:15:26 PM »
Thanks fellas!  It looks like some inconsistent lines too.  Maybe what was laying around or just hand made to fit application?
Mostly consistent.  Inconsistency in this case would be more likely attributed to PO handling of metal line more so then a Ford difference IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Brian in PA

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 10:29:16 PM »
Ya good point Bob. It looks like the 428 line from MU will do the job.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 11:22:58 PM »
Ya good point Bob. It looks like the 428 line from MU will do the job.
It is not the 428 line.  It was the same vacuum tube used on the 67 289 cast iron intake with power booster.

Offline Brian in PA

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 12:00:00 AM »
Here lies my confusion. I got one from NPD that is for a 67 289 it looks like an S shape. On their website the 428 one looks like the piece in Jeffs pics. Unless I missed something. Thanks for your patients Bob.  :D

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 12:05:33 AM »
Here lies my confusion. I got one from NPD that is for a 67 289 it looks like an S shape. On their website the 428 one looks like the piece in Jeffs pics. Unless I missed something. Thanks for your patients Bob.  :D

Yes repo pieces verses originals - what could go wrong. Agree that the visual difference in one in pictures are most likely from a heavy hand at some point - especially #3  ::) was using that more to show the attachment to the intake fitting
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 12:18:48 AM »
I feel your frustration. I can only tell what is correct but sorry in this case can't tell you what company is going to be knowledgeable enough to sell you the correct piece. As the pictures shows it is more a simple "L" shape more so then anything else. 

Offline Brian in PA

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 07:46:53 AM »
Well said guys. I'll get the one that looks right regardless of what it says it's for. Thanks again for the time and pics!