Author Topic: Door Striker screw color?  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Morsel

Door Striker screw color?
« on: July 27, 2017, 07:11:00 PM »
I searched and could seem to tell what year they were talking about for what I did find in the forums and on the site regarding this question. Also looked in the master list and it said flathead for the striker screws, which seemed wrong from everything I see and what was on my car... I'm probably reading it all wrong :/

But for a February 1966 San Jose car, what color are the door striker screws, clear zinc, silver zinc or gold zinc? AMKs are silver zinc, not that theirs are correct...

Thanks,

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline jwc66k

Re: Door Striker screw color?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 08:16:10 PM »
Jason,
Did you look in the Library under Mustang Hardware Spreadsheets for 64-66? The screw listed is 378428-S8, 5/16-18X3/4 flat head, Pozi drive. AMK sells a "similar" screw but I don't know the difference. If you are going in the general direction of Santa Clara this weekend, send me a PM and you can "take a look".
I'm the one that made the referral on your rear axle.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Morsel

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 08:45:58 PM »
Jason,
Did you look in the Library under Mustang Hardware Spreadsheets for 64-66? The screw listed is 378428-S8, 5/16-18X3/4 flat head, Pozi drive. AMK sells a "similar" screw but I don't know the difference. If you are going in the general direction of Santa Clara this weekend, send me a PM and you can "take a look".
I'm the one that made the referral on your rear axle.
Jim

Ah, ok, that's where I was reading the Mustang Hardware Spreadsheet list incorrect, the S8 is the finish code, which is on the second page of the library, missed that. Thanks so much, I didn't think it was gold zinc, and of course someone was insisting on telling me it was supposed to be... Thanks as always for your help...

Also, unfortunately not going to have time this weekend to head to Santa Clara, going out of town with the lady ;) And thanks for the referral, still about 9 months out from the project... I'm happy though, everything is coming together nicely, it's nice just to be dealing with all these little small things at this point, like correct screws for my strikers :)

Thanks again,

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 11:48:07 PM »
The screws that come with the repro door strikers are zinc dichromate (gold), so it can be confusing.  Have seen a lot of concours cars with the incorrect finish on these screws.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 04:13:03 PM »
The screws that come with the repro door strikers are zinc dichromate (gold), so it can be confusing.  Have seen a lot of concours cars with the incorrect finish on these screws.
+1 .  For those reading clarity . The screws should be silver and not gold like what come with the repro strikers.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby