Author Topic: Drive on Lift at Columbus Grand National  (Read 3578 times)

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: Drive on Lift at Columbus Grand National
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 06:17:36 PM »
both of those points were discussed at the annual judges meeting. i did not stay for the wrap-up so i cannot say what was recommended for the future use of the lift.
5F09C331248

Offline 6T07K

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2015, 09:40:37 PM »
The lift program as it stands now, was voted down by the majority of the judging community at the Monday session. This is not to say that the lift will be discontinued at the Grand Nat/Last show of the season. What is says is, the lift program will not be recommended to the MCA board of directors for continuance. As I understand it , the BOD will make the final decision.
 I did express my opinion at the meeting and essentially it is this : the procurement,{ whether by rental or purchase}, delivery, assembly and safety/security of the lift should not be the responsibility of the regional club hosting the show. We need to downshift and think this through more thoroughly. This program should be national in nature with far more standardization and safety/security guidelines in place.I would love to have a lift at every National show !

This was the brainchild of the judging community originally and I was all for it and voted in favor of it at the time. The problem is, we thought a 4 post lift could be readily rented and brought into a show. In reality our club, who just hosted this Grand National, was unable to rent a lift at any price from any company. As it turned out it went well with Prez. Jeff Mays getting involved in a big way to make it happen.

Hate to throw a wet blanket on the party,but there you have it !
Dan Trapp

Offline 79mustangcobra

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 06:23:44 PM »
I like the lift.  I helped judge the 84 vert on it.
1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
MCA #70281
Proverbs 3:5-6

Online mikeljgt500kr

• '68 KR,'69 Boss9, '64 FIA Cobra
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2016, 03:14:39 PM »
Lifts are a great idea, we use it for judging Bow-Tie cars at NCRS, and they were used at the Mid-America Shelby/Ford Nationals last year for all judging, very handy and easy on the chassis judges backs.
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline specialed

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 01:53:13 PM »
Mike we have been using lifts for judging at Tulsa for 6 or so years now at kirt fryer shop as its just east of the event & he has 3 lifts with a big  a__  fan in ceiling keeping the shop COOL & refreshments lights etc. & weather doesn't effect the judging event & we have plenty of time to do all cars over a 3 day period .

Online mikeljgt500kr

• '68 KR,'69 Boss9, '64 FIA Cobra
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 06:41:14 PM »
Mike we have been using lifts for judging at Tulsa for 6 or so years now at kirt fryer shop as its just east of the event & he has 3 lifts with a big  a__  fan in ceiling keeping the shop COOL & refreshments lights etc. & weather doesn't effect the judging event & we have plenty of time to do all cars over a 3 day period .

Thanks Ed, that was the only Mid-America judging I had ever had done, probably the last too.  But that setup was far superior to SAAC 40 or any MCA I have been to.  Hope they continue it, the venue and especially the shop dog, are great fun and great people.
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 10:57:31 PM »
The Tulsa event is lucky in that the lift is easier to coordinate when the event is in the same place every year . Unlike MCA and SAAC venues which travel from place to place..
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby