Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1969 - 1970 / Re: 70 MACH1 Engine Bay Questions
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 01:17:47 AM »
While I have been stripping the bay I have come across some factory markings.

I do not know what this means.

Likely first rotation number - Matches well with all the other Dearborn car we see

I see 142.

Second rotation number

Believe the label is from a light assembly that fell off or stuck to a worker so he stuck it there rather than throwing it on the floor
« Last post by Blown351stang on Today at 12:19:14 AM »
While I have been stripping the bay I have come across some factory markings.

I do not know what this means.

I am guessing that maybe a Vermilion colour car was painted before this one.

I see 142.

« Last post by Blown351stang on April 24, 2017, 11:57:08 PM »
FYI don't forget the foam gasket behind the power booster as is illustrated in Jeff's picture. It is commonly forgotten.

Thanks Bob yes I do have a foam gasket when its ready to go back together.
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: Vent window glass orientation?
« Last post by J_Speegle on April 24, 2017, 11:48:04 PM »
Just went out and looked at ours and it's the same as you found Jeff: Legible from the outside on Driver's side, inside on the Passenger side. We have the original glass. Never knew it was curved either...thank you Jim!

Yes not a flat piece of glass in these cars.
1969 - 1970 / Re: 69-70 Slop Gray Article Review
« Last post by Blown351stang on April 24, 2017, 11:47:28 PM »
That's a good Article that helps thanks. I have found slop grey on the in side of the spring covers which will make it easy to get matched as a starting point but it is easy to get confused with black in bad light.

« Last post by lancelot66 on April 24, 2017, 11:45:45 PM »
Just went out and looked at ours and it's the same as you found Jeff: Legible from the outside on Driver's side, inside on the Passenger side. We have the original glass. Never knew it was curved either...thank you Jim!
I found this NOS Negative Battery Cable. Notice the middle tab, it attaches to the inner fender.

A few weeks ago I asked who knew what the screw that attached the middle of the Negative cable to the inner fender.

This is from Sandy's 76 Mile Pace Car

I looked all over to find this screw. None of the Ford illustrations from the parts books clearly showed the screw.

So I called Matt from NPD. Matt went out and looked at their Pace Car and gave me this picture.

He then looked at the other two 79 Mustangs and they were all the same screw.

Matt figured out it is the same Zinc Dichromate screw that holds the voltage regulator.

So today I tried it out and he was correct.  I have to give Matt and NPD credit. They took the time out of their day to look for me when no one else could help.

I appreciate that and now the Fox Mustang hobby is better.

« Last post by J_Speegle on April 24, 2017, 11:02:37 PM »
If its the same Feb 66 San Jose car just went out and looked at another an the passenger side vent is legible if viewed from inside the car and the driver's is legible from outside the car if that makes sense.  Think the other car in the garage is an earlier San Jose car but its been so long since I looked at the VIN I could be all wrong but didn't check it
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: Transverse Dual Exhaust System HIPO Question
« Last post by rocket on April 24, 2017, 09:22:00 PM »
Thanks Charles

First of all I'm clueless and need help.

I'm at my starting point trying to determine what I need to do to obtain and install a Transverse system on my car. The only parts I have are the NOS H pipe and the transverse muffler. I know that the date code on the transverse muffler is late for my car. My car is a July 21st car.

All I have is a diagram that shows that the part numbers for the intermediate pipes are C5ZZ-5A213-B & C5ZZ-5A212-E and that the bracket for both front and rear are numbers are C3DZ-5260-A.
I don't have the original rear or front brackets for my car. I have been told that the rear brackets are different for a 64.5 K code than the 65s and that the rear hangers are no longer available.
I don't know what the originals looked like or if the hangers I attached in my post and listed above are correct for this application. I also don't know if finding the correct ones are even possible or if their is a work around.

So this was my starting point, any suggestions recommendations will be appreciated.   
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10