Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Member Restorations/Builds / Re: 1969 NJ Mustang Mach 1 Find
« Last post by Smokey 15 on Today at 01:37:41 AM »
 No "like" option here, so I'll just say it "Like".
1967 - 1968 / Re: Emissions on a 68 S-Code
« Last post by J_Speegle on December 14, 2017, 11:16:09 PM »
Ok... I'm a little confused.  Jeff,  you say in the first sentence it's confirmed that my car doesn't have it the later say it does.  My apologies, but maybe I'm confusing two different conversations.   So my car,  even though not listed,  should have it due to it being a required item?  Or it doesn't have it since it's not listed?

No reason to apologize my mistake for not being clearer. Modified my post and hope that it is clear now - My apologies
1967 - 1968 / Re: 67 SJ undercoating and paint process
« Last post by Bossbill on December 14, 2017, 11:10:31 PM »
As this is a 67 SJ fastback sound deadener thread I thought I'd ask about the trunk rear quarter sound deadener process itself.

[Select Pic to view larger image]

I've edited this pic from an earlier unrestored convertible pic Jeff posted and wanted to get the details right (and hopefully aid others when all is said and done). Let me know how well I got the details.

The left green line indicates where a template kept overspray from moving rearward. This is not a hard tape line, but more like the black pinch weld line.

Each of the soft pink lines indicates a higher buildup of material where the wand overlaps a previous spray.

The hard yellow line on the right is where the spray material ends (softly).

The soft yellow line is where the outer wheelhouse appears to have been covered. No overspray here. If any is present it would be very light.

The trunk dropoff yellow line would also have no overspray.

Comments?

« Last post by A12pilot on December 14, 2017, 10:57:14 PM »
Ok... I'm a little confused.  Jeff,  you say in the first sentence it's confirmed that my car doesn't have it the later say it does.  My apologies, but maybe I'm confusing two different conversations.   So my car,  even though not listed,  should have it due to it being a required item?  Or it doesn't have it since it's not listed?

Cheers
Dave
1964 1/2 - 1966 / MOVED: Front Drum to Disc .
« Last post by J_Speegle on December 14, 2017, 10:51:53 PM »
« Last post by J_Speegle on December 14, 2017, 10:41:23 PM »
Interesting....is the lack of the system listed in the options (on the cj mustang) an indication?

Yes it IMHO indicates that the car was equipped with the standard features for that engine and transmission type and fulfilled or exceeded the requirements in the country it was ordered and planned for.

Since it was not an option and it was not deleted the standard practice for Kevin has been to not list things that were "automatic"

Heater is not listed unless deleted, standard wheels and hubcaps ................ are not listed. 

Emission related - If a J code 68 has an automatic or manual transmission (for others one would get the IMCO the other Thermactor) the difference in required emission systems is not noted since it was part of the engine ordered. Seems only things out side of the basic car or federal requirements are by example.   
That is the way I'm reading the information available

Likely have a few hundred Marti reports for Mustangs along with the Shelby ones I have. Likely the largest number (1968) of any year I have currently
« Last post by Coralsnake on December 14, 2017, 10:25:31 PM »
Interesting....is the lack of the system listed in the options (on the cj mustang) an indication?
MCA Judging / Re: 2018 Judging Sheets
« Last post by mikeljgt500kr on December 14, 2017, 09:31:49 PM »
I have asked for blank judging sheets numerous times before, they are unobtainium.....
General Discussion / Re: This Time of Year Wishes
« Last post by mikeljgt500kr on December 14, 2017, 09:30:06 PM »
Thanks so much Jeff, you guys are great, enjoy the season, and a picture from my Christmas card from the snowy peaks of the high mountains of New Mexico.............
Drivetrain / Re: Late 65 289 engine block anodes?
« Last post by midlife on December 14, 2017, 09:25:05 PM »
Remnants of freeze plugs that were inadvertently pushed in and couldn't be extracted?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10