Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Bolt Brake/Fuel Line Clip
« Last post by ChrisV289 on Today at 02:07:45 AM »
Trying to see what type of bolt or screw held the two clips that hold the brake and fuel line clips underneath the car at the transmission tunnel.  Is it 40169 or is it 40156 which also holds the muffler hanger to the body?  Mine currently is a hex head but also has a slot to use a flat head screwdriver, which is similar to the K code that Virginia Mustang restored (see pics below).  The replacement clip kit contains bolts.  Which is correct for SJ Oct 64 timeframe? And yes Jim I did look at the spreadsheet...
Events / Ponies in the Smokies
« Last post by tobkob on March 26, 2017, 11:52:24 PM »
If you are looking for something to do this coming weekend this looks like a good show...https://poniesinthesmokies.com/    This isn't too far from Tail of the Dragon...www.tailofthedragon.com.

TOB
Interior & Trunk / Re: roof insulation
« Last post by J_Speegle on March 26, 2017, 11:48:06 PM »
Fiberglass like originally used. For Mustangs you can use a water heater blanket with the foil side removed. If its too think you can strip off about half and make two.  If you get the yellow stuff the color will be somewhat close to aged  ::) original insulation

Spray contract adhesive (like what is used for headliners)  sprayed to the roof and to the insulation. You can do just one half , position it, then do  the other side while it hangs from the other side.
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: 65-66 original u-joints - any pictures?
« Last post by mgmradio on March 26, 2017, 11:25:24 PM »
Both of my June 65 Dearborn cars have internal locks . See the convertible pictures on the previous page.
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Does this Valve Spring and Seal Look Factory?
« Last post by woolshire on March 26, 2017, 11:00:18 PM »
I have a 66' GT and here is a photo of under the valve cover. I believe the car has 37k original miles and am wondering if these seals could be original. They have blue paint on them, although a different hue than whats on the springs. I'm not even sure they are the same type as factory. Why would somebody paint them blue?...thoughts?
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: 65 Radio Dial Clean-Up
« Last post by C6ZZGT on March 26, 2017, 10:43:59 PM »
nice
General Discussion / Re: 1970 Sprtsrof 6 Cylinder question
« Last post by HDAshmore on March 26, 2017, 10:20:12 PM »
The car now comfortably reside at a new Kansas farm.  Behold the 6 banger in all it's Kansas wheat field dust and glory.  What to do now? 

v/r
Dan
Interior & Trunk / roof insulation
« Last post by 1969 Cale II on March 26, 2017, 08:46:55 PM »
What are peoples good ideas for the insulation under the headliner?
MCA Judging / Re: Grouping of cars into classes
« Last post by Laurie S. on March 26, 2017, 08:20:22 PM »
At the present time, MCA does not require that host clubs park in a specific manner, although we recommend to park cars by class.  In the past, that was difficult to do since we didn't know how many cars were in each class until late in the game.  Now, with the preregistration requirement for judged cars, it is very easy to work up a parking plan by class.  I believe that this will become a requirement in the next National Show Guidelines that we prepare since it is much easier for the judges when cars are parked by class.
Suspension / Re: cutback style control arm fatigue cracks
« Last post by Stangly on March 26, 2017, 07:44:29 PM »
Thanks for input guys, I have two more sets to check for condition and style hopefully I can scrounge a descent pair.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10