Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
1968 Mustang / Re: 1968 fastback seats
« Last post by nightmist on Today at 04:04:24 PM »
Thank you for the answers.  Would the comfort-weave seat option for a 1968 fastback be listed in the Marti Report?
« Last post by Coralsnake on Today at 03:48:53 PM »
Fun facts

Comfortweave was not used on convertibles (including Mustangs)

GT500 KRs fastbacks with black interiors got the comfortweave

There was no saddle comfortweave in Shelbys

1967 Mustang / Re: 67 Coupe trunk filler panel
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 03:18:50 PM »
The thickness of the Masonite used in the factory installed filler boards seems to be unobtainable.  Has anyone found a source for what I measured as 3/16" ? The current available  reproductions are a bit thicker than the originals.
The material available today is probably a metric equivalent . There are examples of other repro parts that are slightly thicker, larger etc. and the explanation by mfg's when asked has been that it is a metric equivalent of what is available. This all started about 25 years ago or at least when I started to first notice changes in different repro parts.
1967 Mustang / Re: 67 Remote view mirror glass date code
« Last post by carlite65 on Today at 03:14:30 PM »
ran into the non sticking nutsert problem while installing a visor over the windshield on my truck. used a small dab of j-b weld to hold it still. i did not use the quick type. worked quite well.
« Last post by carlite65 on Today at 03:11:46 PM »
murf, who's gonna know. they did not catch your elephant in the room too many times did they?
« Last post by Murf on Today at 02:54:30 PM »
The thickness of the Masonite used in the factory installed filler boards seems to be unobtainable.  Has anyone found a source for what I measured as 3/16" ? The current available  reproductions are a bit thicker than the originals. 
« Last post by ruppstang on Today at 02:44:41 PM »
I am restoring a 1968 Mustang fastback GT with black decor interior.  Were comfort-weave seats available in non-Shelby 68 fastbacks or just the smooth vinyl?

Yes, comfort seat material was an optional material.
The rear insert spins completely.  The front one spins a quarter turn.  I'd like to replace both of them with nutsert.  What tool do you have and what size nutsert did you use?
They "spin" seems to be typical. As to size, it's listed in this forums library under topic "Mustang Hardware Spreadsheet, 67-68" in file MHW67-68AP.xlsx (by application) sorted so you look up "Mirror". Then go to Amazon and find a "nutsert" for that size and the tool. Be prepared for "sticker shock".
(A sign in a speed shop I used years back in my "drag racing" days said, "Speed costs money. How fast can you afford to go". The same applies to "restorations")
Jim
Thanks Jeff I have the Nutsert tool, I just need to make sure that I use the right size Nutserts

Hey Mike

Wondering what you ultimately did to install your driver side mirror.  I have mine off.  The rear insert spins completely.  The front one spins a quarter turn.  I'd like to replace both of them with nutsert.  What tool do you have and what size nutsert did you use?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10