Author Topic: 69 GT350 Sportroof restoration thread - Mostly Undercarriage- Lots of pictures  (Read 6680 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Next installment -

Installing the suspension the car is starting (just barely) to look like something.

From earlier- the contrast is terrible between the batch, body color (jade black) and the black out. Will have to use more lights to show details

Rear quarter pinch weld blackout.You can barely see the difference in the gloss

The dolly marks left after paint applications

The rear wheelwell It is difficult to see that the sound deadener has exterior color applied over since there is very little contrast between the two colors

Some of the front suspension is bolted in. Comment 10 yrs later  - SAFETY wire is wound way too neatly See other threads for more original look and original examples before copying these pictures for that detail.

Pictures turn out showing more green than the marks are in person. In better light they are more teal. Of course always better to compare original markings to those reproduced however true they are to the originals
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 05:57:54 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
As a reminder this car is being built to Concours Trailered/Division II/Heritage class rules whick allow for good reproductions and paints that reproduce surfaces.

Hope all enjoy - doing a 351W has been a challenge as not as much research has been done when compared to the 428CJ/GT500's. So this was ALLOT of fun :(

1- We got some sound deadener applied to the floor pans and the parts installed at this point. Plan to add some more since I need some more build up. This application was done to 69-70 Mach I's and Grandes as part of the package (Shelbys those years were built at Dearborn as Mach I's)

2- Did a little more detail on the suspension - things like the safety wiring on the caliper mount bolts. Take note (details are slightly different) this is a large suspension car.

Plenty of work left to do. :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:58:49 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)