Author Topic: Lets clock the heater hose clamp  (Read 1815 times)

Offline roddster

Lets clock the heater hose clamp
« on: April 07, 2015, 03:15:55 PM »
  Check the photo.  I've looked through the Osbourne assembly manuals and also the Ford 67 Mustang (et al) shop manual.  Seems the heater hose clamp in the photo needs to be correctly clocked.  OK, which way do I go?  I seem to recall that a looonnnggg time ago that clamp was a real pistol to get at when I changed the heater hoses.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Lets clock the heater hose clamp
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 09:13:45 PM »
Believe rotated clock wise - so that it can be accessed through the window of the alternator bracket for this application
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 12:21:45 AM »
Believe rotated clock wise - so that it can be accessed through the window of the alternator bracket for this application
+1 supposed to be clocked for access through the window of the bracket and also makes the most sense but I have seen them clocked every which way on many a survivor car. With that said I would clock it through the window like it was engineered to be done.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline roddster

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 11:26:51 AM »
  Alrighty then.  It shall be done.  Thanks all.

Offline Deuce

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 01:19:59 PM »
On a California T/E car w/289, the alternator is mounted down below the air pump, which is shown here.  Still, I think the heater hose clamp is accessed under the air pump bracket.

Deuce
1967 C-code Hardtop Coupe, C-4, AC, PS, T/E; SJ built Nov 30 1966, DSO 71___Unrestored
2008 Premium GT Coupe, 5-speed, rear spoiler delete, HID headlamps, well-optioned, Flat Rock built Oct 23 2007, RC 72

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 07:01:09 PM »
On a California T/E car w/289, the alternator is mounted down below the air pump, which is shown here.  Still, I think the heater hose clamp is accessed under the air pump bracket.

Thermactor and/or AC car but can effect the clocking due to the different brackets used on those application

His picture suggested that his car had neither ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)