Author Topic: My KR is finished and ready for Tulsa  (Read 6557 times)

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• '68 KR,'69 Boss9, '64 FIA Cobra
My KR is finished and ready for Tulsa
« on: May 30, 2015, 10:07:18 PM »
Here is my long time friend and baby, newly restored being loaded to return home to me, and ready to go to Tulsa.  Maybe some people from here will be there?
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline caspian65

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: My KR is finished and ready for Tulsa
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 10:11:35 PM »
Cool, congrats!  Must be a good feeling for it to be finished.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 10:55:05 PM »
Have a safe trip.   Looks good....
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline mikeljgt500kr

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 11:05:39 PM »
Thanks guys, since I am a bare novice at this kind of Ford judging, not sure if this is a Team Shelby event or a SAAC event.  Just know they judge these cars in both and even MCA too.  Luckily, I have been a member of all three for many years, so hope I have my bases covered with membership cards……. :)
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 02:17:49 AM »
Thanks guys, since I am a bare novice at this kind of Ford judging, not sure if this is a Team Shelby event or a SAAC event.............

Tulsa has had changes in the judging practices for the Concours in recent years. Recently its had more formal (but still much less formal than MCA or SAAAC)  judging than in the earlier years, when it was basically IMHO,  a tune-up for the annual SAAC national event that the event had been for years. Bob Gaines (member here) was a big part of that process before and currently along with John Brown.  Of course this is only a reference to the "Concours Show" part of the event since most of the event is racing, swap meet, parking lot show and multiple get togethers around the town and area those weekends.

In the more recent years we've judged cars just about any time of the day, any day in all kinds of locations - all with the agreement of the owners. Often in an attempt to get them done before before hand and stay out of the heat and sun. In other examples cars shown inside the hotel might get judged in the middle of the day or around/after midnight

You will not see as many judges as you will see at SAAC or often even MCA but the job gets done ;) Mid-America is typically not a training show where we bring on new judges and show them the ropes. You should see the same faces (judges) that you would likely see judging at an MCA and/or SAAC event

Not sure where or how Team Shelby fits into the Mid-America Meet this year ..... not my area of involvement.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 02:39:58 AM »
Tulsa has had changes in the judging practices for the Concours in recent years. Recently its had more formal (but still much less formal than MCA or SAAAC)  judging than in the earlier years, when it was basically IMHO,  a tune-up for the annual SAAC national event that the event had been for years. Bob Gaines (member here) was a big part of that process before and currently along with John Brown.  Of course this is only a reference to the "Concours Show" part of the event since most of the event is racing, swap meet, parking lot show and multiple get togethers around the town and area those weekends.

In the more recent years we've judged cars just about any time of the day, any day in all kinds of locations - all with the agreement of the owners. Often in an attempt to get them done before before hand and stay out of the heat and sun. In other examples cars shown inside the hotel might get judged in the middle of the day or around/after midnight

You will not see as many judges as you will see at SAAC or often even MCA but the job gets done ;) Mid-America is typically not a training show where we bring on new judges and show them the ropes. You should see the same faces (judges) that you would likely see judging at an MCA and/or SAAC event

Not sure where or how Team Shelby fits into the Mid-America Meet this year ..... not my area of involvement.
The Mid America Ford and Shelby Nationals has not been sponsored by Team Shelby for a number of years now .Team Shelby concentrates on the late model cars and the concours portion of the event in Tulsa has always been for the 65-70 Shelby and Ford performance cars even when Team Shelby sponsored the show. The best description of the judging criteria follows a combination of MCA and SACC practices. At the end of the day concours correctness is a constant from one venue to another. I believe this year they are trying to judge the concours class cars on Friday so that will be all completed by show time on Sunday. The deadline for concours registration has now passed for this years show.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline mikeljgt500kr

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 09:48:09 AM »
Thanks Bob and Jeff for the info.  Yes, the judging is on Friday at a remote site about 8 miles from the Marriott Southern Hills, I will be there.

PS, I figured Team Shelby had little/nothing to do with the Tulsa event when I posted about it over on that forum asking about it and got nothing but silence. :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:55:11 AM by mikeljgt500kr »

Offline Smokey 15

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 10:42:06 AM »
 Looks good, but I sure am waiting for the close-ups when you get it home.

Offline mikeljgt500kr

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 11:41:28 AM »
Thanks, here is a close-up of the engine compartment, more to follow when I get it home on my lift.  The chassis is amazing.

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 02:04:59 PM »
Beautiful, who did the work?
Marty

Offline rodster

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 02:47:45 PM »
Mr Tim Lea.  In his new shop.  ;)
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline specialed

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 02:54:42 PM »
The Tulsa concours event is judged inside on a lift the only really accurate way to truly judge a car with lights & many trained eyes so you can see every detail part of a the car with no interfearance with the weather. The cars judged in the lobby are there for 3 days so plenty of time to judge them with lights & crawling around on the carpet having plenty of time & plenty of help to judge them. Judging cars inside where its kool & not being rushed by changing weather is a pleasure especially for the OLD judges. :)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 04:27:13 PM »
The Tulsa concours event is judged inside on a lift the only really accurate way to truly judge a car with lights & many trained eyes so you can see every detail part of a the car with no interfearance with the weather. The cars judged in the lobby are there for 3 days so plenty of time to judge them with lights & crawling around on the carpet having plenty of time & plenty of help to judge them. Judging cars inside where its kool & not being rushed by changing weather is a pleasure especially for the OLD judges. :)
And ever more HUSHKY ones  ;)  :)
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 09:59:16 PM »
The Tulsa concours event is judged inside on a lift the only really accurate way to truly judge a car with lights & many trained eyes so you can see every detail part of a the car with no interfearance with the weather.
Lifts are only for div 1 cars
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline rodster

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 10:11:10 PM »
I thought you were going to say lifts are only to aid old, husky judges to get up off the floor.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:13:13 PM by rodster »
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A