1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 Mustang

1969 C9ZA 5556 G spring

(1/4) > >>

deaconhp:
Hi guys, happened on a link somewhere out here where we have the paint codes for a 1969 Coupe with orig springs C9ZA 5556 G 8AL
Metuchen built May 1 1969. This is a T5 with the export suspension supposedly ergo Boss.
The car also came with the reinforced upper shock caps and heavy front stab bar

Looking for opinions on spring paint swabs and stripes

Brian Conway:
I have those leaf springs on my car and the build sheet calls out GLDVIO code G.  Would like to see a picture of the ' reinforced shock caps ' ?  Brian

deaconhp:
Let me find my a close up but you can see the braised on washers in this pic

I have owned the car since 1972 and began resto many moons ago but things are restored the way they came off, In the case of the shock caps, phos plated.

Brian Conway:
Thanks for the picture.  Just what I needed.  I know what those are.  I didn't know they were on the 69's.  So I'll guess a Shelby ?   You might try a search for some paint colors and stripe applications as I know this has be discussed before.  Some interesting details in your engine bay.  The firewall brake line clips are different than what's on my ride.  Yours is a manual drum and mine is power disc.  Of course the distribution block is also different.  Shock tower wraps so a 428 car ?   Brian

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: deaconhp on June 27, 2015, 06:53:36 PM ---Hi guys, happened on a link somewhere out here where we have the paint codes for a 1969 Coupe with orig springs C9ZA 5556 G 8AL
Metuchen built May 1 1969. This is a T5 with the export suspension supposedly ergo Boss.
--- End quote ---

Have only seen a few 69-70 export cars. Lots of export cars got changed into T5's over the years.  Guessing your buck tag spells out Germany like all the other exports built at NJ state the destination country. Not all plants and years  did that

Not sure of the Boss reference  :-\

--- Quote from: deaconhp on June 27, 2015, 06:53:36 PM ---The car also came with the reinforced upper shock caps and heavy front stab bar
--- End quote ---

Did you get an original export brace with it. Odd that the shock mounts where P & O . Not sure where they would have plated them after the washers were added. All the others I've ever seen  even NJ plant ones, were painted black after the washers were added.

--- Quote from: deaconhp on June 27, 2015, 06:53:36 PM ---Looking for opinions on spring paint swabs and stripes

--- End quote ---

No opinion - just what I've found. First example is a 69 CJ Mach one - that doesn't really matter as long as the spring markings match. Reproduced what was found

This example is an original marked spring of those colors. Reversed this time by the guy putting the stripes on at the spring plant that day

Guess you didn't find your cars buildsheet - if so this information and more is on it

Hope this helps

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version