Author Topic: 1969 C9ZA 5556 G spring  (Read 5933 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1969 C9ZA 5556 G spring
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 08:10:19 PM »
Have the Marti report that does show this car as 1/219 and the Ford T5 Registry shows 3 65B listed.

Guess you meant to post that the car was actually finished on 1/21/69 ?
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline deaconhp

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 10:03:59 PM »
Jeff, my "1/219" was meant to say 1 of 219 built per Marti.

Lost track of where I saw it but the car with 5556G rear springs that are gold and violet...what are the front springs marked?

Appreciate all this.

1969 T5 2Dr deluxe Coupe, Marti says 1 of 218, three in the registry and two of them are in Europe. Owned car since 1972 and disassm most reassemb myself
Oh, also have a one owner 72 Vette, 454 coupe. ordered when I got back from Vietnam, NCRS Top Flight, same disass reassm myself.. I know I know :)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 10:18:13 PM »
Jeff, my "1/219" was meant to say 1 of 219 built per Marti.

Lost track of where I saw it but the car with 5556G rear springs that are gold and violet...what are the front springs marked?

We'll hard to tell what was original on your Metuchen built May 1 1969 export coupe but lets start here.

In a prior post you thought it had the same suspension as a Boss 302. So have to ask if you have confirmed this by looking at the spindles, strut rods and other front suspension parts? They are different from regular Mustang that year - also they would not have included -G rear springs as part of that suspension package

Jeff Speegle

Offline deaconhp

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 02:27:56 PM »
Not to get tied up in what verbage I found in the decades of reading about T5's...eg the Boss reference especially with the 5556 G cars discussed here. Heavy duty Export Durability.....package" is a term that gets away from Mach 1 or Boss

Do know the original rear springs are 5556G
Front sway is 7/8 with bushing brackets like on the right in attached photo
I can always look at the original spindles for their casting numbers
Strut rods are original but no numbers.
Shock tower caps and "export" braces are original
Not sure about all "other front suspension parts"?

Had this car since May 72 and have disassembled and reassembled myself so know the original components are back on.

H

1969 T5 2Dr deluxe Coupe, Marti says 1 of 218, three in the registry and two of them are in Europe. Owned car since 1972 and disassm most reassemb myself
Oh, also have a one owner 72 Vette, 454 coupe. ordered when I got back from Vietnam, NCRS Top Flight, same disass reassm myself.. I know I know :)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 04:12:16 PM »
Not to get tied up in what verbage I found in the decades of reading about T5's...eg the Boss reference especially with the 5556 G cars discussed here. Heavy duty Export Durability.....package" is a term that gets away from Mach 1 or Boss

Firstly would suggest that all that you read is not always correct. Export details, especially suspension, has always been difficult to find and I've found on original cars that there was not just one set up for all export cars - especially as the years went by

Do know the original rear springs are 5556G
Front sway is 7/8 with bushing brackets like on the right in attached photo
I can always look at the original spindles for their casting numbers
Strut rods are original but no numbers.
Shock tower caps and "export" braces are original

Export braces. Do you have the two part shock tower supports or the one piece export brace? If the two piece any additional brackets or reinforcements?

Thing the subject of when the car was built was asked earlier but didn't get a response - sorry if I missed it if it was answered.

If its early then looking at the spindles will likely just produce an expected - not Boss suspension but want to cover the bases.

Sway bar isn't the same as a Boss
Jeff Speegle