1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Mustang

Diagram of complete exhaust system 1970 Mach 1 351C 4V

(1/2) > >>

flyhigh@mach1:
Hello all!

I am gathering up exhaust parts for my 70 Mach 1 351C 4V.  So far I have found orig. exhaust manifolds, bolts, and repro H pipe assembly and Mach 1 tips.  Now I need to know what the orig. hangers and clamps looked like, placement of clamps, etc.  Any pics or diagrams out there.  Nov. 69 Metuchen build. Thanks for any help.

J_Speegle:
Only one I can think of is from the MPC but it will show the replacement parts rather than the original parts.

Might want to try Scott Fuller's site. Though he does not currently reproduce that specific system many of the details and mounting points will be shared

http://www.scottfullerreproductions.com/exhaust.html

flyhigh@mach1:
That Scott Fuller site is great...expensive stuff!  Gave my some idea of what mine probably looked like from factory. 

tobkob:
Expensive but looks and fits correctly .  :)
TOB

hux:
Flyhigh

Did you work out what the exhaust on your M code was from factory?  Have exactly same build (except Dec build T code).
Still have factory manifolds which come down to resonators like the 69 Mach 1 351w but then finishes out as per 70 428 Mach 1 on the Fuller site (ie without a central muffler as per 69 351w)

Cheers

Craig

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version