1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1965 - 1970 Shelby General

Shelby Intake Manifold Restoration

(1/3) > >>

ddonzella:
Anyone have any suggestions on how to restore the aluminum look of my Shelby intake manifold? June 12, 1969 Dearborn. I have used a professional car detailing aluminum cleaner and 00 steel wool to clean it but the aluminum finish is still mottled looking. Alumi Blast paint by Eastwood?

Thank You!

J_Speegle:
None of the seven earlier threads helped so far?  If not check them out. Aluminum valve cover, oil pan and transmission cases are all mentioned.

Remember the main body will be somewhat dark and have a flatter finish while the machined surfaces (carb mount and the intake bolt washer faces) will be bright from the fresh machining

Like the two contrasting finishes seen on these valve covers

Paint is likely to cause issues over time especially if you put a good coat on it.

ddonzella:
Thanks Jeff. I only searched intake manifold not other aluminum parts. Sorry

ddonzella:
Just an update on the Aluminum restoration for my Shelby intake manifold. I found a company call Wilson Manifolds here in Ft. Lauderdale. I believe they have a couple of other U.S. locations. They have a proprietary method of cleaning aluminum manifolds that return them to their OEM finish. They did a magnificent job!! Additionally, they can repair broken aluminum and when they are done, you cannot see where the brake was! Same cast aluminum finish and such! Unbelievable work!!

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: ddonzella on September 22, 2015, 12:09:42 PM ---Just an update on the Aluminum restoration for my Shelby intake manifold. I found a company call Wilson Manifolds here in Ft. Lauderdale. I believe they have a couple of other U.S. locations. They have a proprietary method of cleaning aluminum manifolds that return them to their OEM finish. They did a magnificent job!! Additionally, they can repair broken aluminum and when they are done, you cannot see where the brake was! Same cast aluminum finish and such! Unbelievable work!!

--- End quote ---
How much did they charge and can you post a picture of the results? Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version