Author Topic: Is there a source for color striped "MX" vacuum hose to be bought in bulk?  (Read 2107 times)

Offline blueoval67

This is my first post on this Forum and I have to first say thanks for creating it. Its really a great wealth of knowledge for anyone looking to restore a Mustang.

I was just wondering if there was any source that sold the MX vacuum line in bulk. I'm restoring a car now and there is no pre-made kit available for it. Also, some of the kits I've bought in the past have been cut a little short so I would love to be able to make my own.

Thanks Guys!!!
Dave Walters
www.427GalaxieRegistry.com
DW Restorations

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
First welcome to the site.

Don't know of anyone commercially that sells stripped hose in bulk. You might want to find another application where the colored hoses you need are in a kit but they are longer than you application needs are.

Only other option I can think of would be to approach Marti Auto to see what it would cost and the minimal order size would be
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
This is my first post on this Forum and I have to first say thanks for creating it. Its really a great wealth of knowledge for anyone looking to restore a Mustang.

I was just wondering if there was any source that sold the MX vacuum line in bulk. I'm restoring a car now and there is no pre-made kit available for it. Also, some of the kits I've bought in the past have been cut a little short so I would love to be able to make my own.

Thanks Guys!!!
I thought I would mention that the MX vacuum hose is not typically seen on a 67 model year but later 68 and 69 it is. The solid striped vacuum hose is what you typically find on 67 and most of 68. Just in case historical accuracy is a concern .   
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
I thought I would mention that the MX vacuum hose is not typically seen on a 67 model year but later 68 and 69 it is. The solid striped vacuum hose is what you typically find on 67 and most of 68.

+1 Since the OP didn't mention what year they were working on I hoped they had already done their homework. Good thing to mention - either for the OP and of course all that will read the thread
Jeff Speegle

Offline blueoval67

Sorry for not being clear, this is a 68 GT 390 4 speed Mustang with the thermactor system. Any idea if the 428CJ vacuum hose kit would be similar? Thanks!
Dave Walters
DW Restorations

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Sorry for not being clear, this is a 68 GT 390 4 speed Mustang with the thermactor system. Any idea if the 428CJ vacuum hose kit would be similar? Thanks!
No problem without a year mention I defaulted to the "67" in your avatar .Yes the 428 CJ should be similar given similar application.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline blueoval67

Thanks Bob I will give that kit a try.
Dave Walters
DW Restorations

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
No problem without a year mention I defaulted to the "67" in your avatar .Yes the 428 CJ should be similar given similar application.

+1
You can see an illustration of the routing and colors used in an article in the Library under the 68 section - 68 Vacuum Routing
About the 7th title down from the top
Jeff Speegle