Author Topic: A List Of Mustang Distributors -  (Read 2048 times)

Offline jwc66k

A List Of Mustang Distributors -
« on: February 10, 2016, 12:19:54 AM »
Last year a friend asked me what was the correct distributor for his 66 Mustang 200 I6. Fortunately I had a copy of Ford Car Parts and was able to give him an answer – he had the wrong one. After this bit of news I got an idea, make a list of Mustang distributors. Unfortunately the copy I have of Ford Car Parts only goes to 1972 so I needed some outside help for 1973. That request was posted on the forum. There was a second source I found, the Shop Manuals but I had only 65 and 66. Some more outside help was needed. To make a long story short, thanks to David, Randy, Steve and Jeff there is a fairly good list of distributors on a spreadsheet. There is a lot of data that seems to be in conflict. Jeff’s comments indicated the subject was one that had been avoided. I can see why.
In one file, you find distributors listed by year, engine and transmission. The second lists distributors by part number to year. Included where available, are Ford and Autolite/Motorcraft replacement items, caps, rotors, condensers and points. Also included are the Illustrations from Ford Car Parts. I placed the spreadsheets and illustrations in the library section.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: A List Of Mustang Distributors -
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 05:55:47 PM »
Jim thanks for taking on another challenging project and sharing it here on the site.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 06:02:57 PM »
Jim thanks for taking on another challenging project and sharing it here on the site.
I second that. Thanks .
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline WT8095

• Dave Z.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 08:09:28 PM »
Great work, Jim!
Dave Z.

'68 fastback, S-code + C6. Special Paint (Rainbow promotion), DSO 710784. Actual build date 2/7/1968, San Jose.
'69 Cougar convertible, 351W-2V + FMX, Meadowlark Yellow.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 04:19:09 PM »
Thanks for the comments. I got a lot of assistance from forum members filling in some gaps. I already have some additional data mostly confirming what is already entered. Standby for revision 2.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.