Author Topic: 1967 parking brake primary cable bracket ( At floorboard)  (Read 6914 times)

1967 eight barrel

Re: 1967 parking brake primary cable bracket ( At floorboard)
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2016, 01:14:13 AM »
I will pull the catalogue and get the numbers for you gentlemen tomorrow.

-Keith

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2016, 10:24:46 PM »
I found my package, it seems that I must have needed one sometime because there is just one left. Richard it is yours if you can use it other wise the AMK number on the package is F-1791 .
Marty

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2016, 04:49:50 AM »
I found my package, it seems that I must have needed one sometime because there is just one left. Richard it is yours if you can use it other wise the AMK number on the package is F-1791 .
Marty

Thanks Marty for the offer.
I'll have another AMK order soon enough so just having the number helps a lot. Online catalog has them at $3 so it wouldn't really be worth the postage for just one. I do appreciate the effort and offer.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2017, 09:40:08 PM »
Adding to this thread rather than adding a new one, since it is an extension of the discussion.  I'm working on my parking brake cables, and uncovered two items for discussion.  I searched and did not find anything on this.  (1) I'm seeing a darker blue, along the Caspian lines perhaps in the fitting as shown in the first two pictures.  In the collection of 9 cables I have, three of the four I checked have this feature.  Has anyone else documented this? (2) I also noticed the FoMoCo stamp on the same fitting, as shown in the last picture.  I did not see any paint on the fitting that ends up nearest the rear drum brake backing plate.  Thanks, John
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2017, 10:33:26 PM »
Adding to this thread rather than adding a new one, since it is an extension of the discussion.  I'm working on my parking brake cables, and uncovered two items for discussion.  I searched and did not find anything on this.  (1) I'm seeing a darker blue, along the Caspian lines perhaps in the fitting as shown in the first two pictures.  In the collection of 9 cables I have, three of the four I checked have this feature.  Has anyone else documented this?

Have seen a blue (grayish tint) on earlier years, service replacements and a slightly bluer version on 67's. Not sure if the difference was intentional or something that just happened at the suppliers.

Are the ones in the pictures in the post from your car or another?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:44:47 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2017, 10:34:50 PM »
Adding to this thread rather than adding a new one, since it is an extension of the discussion.  I'm working on my parking brake cables, and uncovered two items for discussion.  I searched and did not find anything on this.  (1) I'm seeing a darker blue, along the Caspian lines perhaps in the fitting as shown in the first two pictures.  In the collection of 9 cables I have, three of the four I checked have this feature.  Has anyone else documented this? (2) I also noticed the FoMoCo stamp on the same fitting, as shown in the last picture.  I did not see any paint on the fitting that ends up nearest the rear drum brake backing plate.  Thanks, John
The outside crimped fitting (what you see on the outside) was typically a green on 67 cables from my observations.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2017, 10:49:47 PM »
John here is an original one from a end of March 67  San Jose car for comparison

Jeff Speegle

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2017, 06:27:19 AM »
Are the ones in the pictures in the post from your car or another?

Only one of the pictures showing blue is one that came off my car.  However since my rear axle was changed (to a 65-66 tapered tube type) the cables have to be under suspicion.

Regarding the blue paint I did find it on two distinctly different sets, I'll check a few more.  Unfortunately I have no traceable history of these parts.  The ones on my car were frozen and previously cut off.  So over the last few years when I found potential donors at a decent price I picked them up.
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2017, 02:38:05 PM »
Only one of the pictures showing blue is one that came off my car.  However since my rear axle was changed (to a 65-66 tapered tube type) the cables have to be under suspicion.

Regarding the blue paint I did find it on two distinctly different sets, I'll check a few more.  Unfortunately I have no traceable history of these parts.  The ones on my car were frozen and previously cut off.  So over the last few years when I found potential donors at a decent price I picked them up.

Thanks - wanted to know how to label it and add it to the collection. Have others recorded in note form also in blue. Just what I've found over the years

Bob could the "green" have been a teal sort of color like we see on other parts?   
Jeff Speegle