Author Topic: Replacement for PPG DAR 9000  (Read 10090 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Replacement for PPG DAR 9000
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 05:09:28 PM »
So what would be an accurate engine compartment paint for a metuchen car in 1969? I have a case of Krylon 1613 rattle can but body guy wants to spray it with a gun.
The 1613 is a good sheen to match a professional paint to . You can use any professional line and use flattener for a closer look. I think it is a mistake to paint such a large area with the Krylon. Ok for smaller items IMO but it still will not hold up to abuse. It that is not a concern then use it on the small parts. I do. The Krylon willnot hold up in engine compartment remotely well compared to a catalyzed paint. Heaven help you if you try and use a cleaner to remove dust and grime with Krylon. It is the only rattle can product I will use but it has limitations . Just my opinion.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Raven R Code

• 428CJ ~ 4 spd ~ 3L50
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 12:18:11 AM »
Check this thread out:
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=13601.msg84000#msg84000

Ditzler DDL 9423 low gloss was available earlier this summer through my local PPG store. I bought 3 of the 6 they put in stock, special ordered from the factory like B Perkins said...and I'm reasonably sure I can get the 3 others if anyone wants them just show me the $$$money$$$

I'd be interested if the availability is there. Let me know.

Dave
Dave

~ Do it concours or don't do it.

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 07:07:19 AM »
I'd be interested if the availability is there. Let me know.

Dave

LIMITED AVAILABILITY OF THIS DISCONTINUED LOW LUSTER PAINT.

Dave has expressed interest in ONE QUART

That leaves two more at this time.

I'm fairly sure I can get a "best deal possible" if I can get two more interested persons but as in all things, it's kind of an "act now" offer because as a "single quart" purchase I am sure there aren't any "deals" to be had with my paint store.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Rusty

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 06:51:01 AM »
LIMITED AVAILABILITY OF THIS DISCONTINUED LOW LUSTER PAINT.

Dave has expressed interest in ONE QUART

That leaves two more at this time.

I'm fairly sure I can get a "best deal possible" if I can get two more interested persons but as in all things, it's kind of an "act now" offer because as a "single quart" purchase I am sure there aren't any "deals" to be had with my paint store.

I'd be interested in the others if still available.
Rusty Maddox

1969 Mach 1, 390
Actual Build Date:  11/1/68
Assembly Plant:  Metuchen, NJ
VIN:  9T02S129xxx

63C    T5     3A     05L      24       6       5
Body  Color  Trim  Date   D.S.O.  Axle  Trans.

Offline stangnet33

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2016, 12:38:49 PM »
He kept the rest