Author Topic: Heater Deletes  (Read 3421 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Heater Deletes
« on: May 01, 2016, 10:55:17 PM »
Well its the weekend - so what should I add to the forum. Have a collection of pictures related to the heater delete option so I chose that. Can't vouch for each and everyone (notes included as needed) of the pictures as I didn't take them all.

As always hope this helps some members and stimulates discussion and understanding

Enjoy

Plugs used at the water pump and intake nipple connected at least through the earlier years
Believe the part number is/was C4TZ-8A500-A

++++++++++++++65-66+++++++++++++++++

65-6 A

Heater control Cover Plate Version #1

65-6 B

Heater control Cover Plate Version #1 backside

65-6 C

Heater control Cover Plate Version #2 Have never seen this version except in this set of pictures. Possibly from another Ford model - Falcon for example ?

65-6 D

Heater control Cover Plate Version #2 Backside

65-6 D

Passenger side cowl vent

65-6 E

Heater Hole Cover Plate interior surface

65-6 F Engine compartment side

Heater Hole Cover Plate Appears to have been removed and reinstalled. Firewall details have been altered from factory

65-6 G

Firewall pad without the heater attachment point insert removed - San Jose example

Maybe this will become an article for the Library - lets see where it goes

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Heater Deletes
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 11:07:56 PM »
++++++++++++++67-68+++++++++++++++++

67-8 A

Heater Control Panel Face

67-8 B

Heater Control Panel backside

67-8 C

Passenger side cowl vent assembly - C7ZZ6501934-A

67-8 D

Heater Hole Cover Plate  Engine Compartment side. Take notice of the two push in plugs that fill the heater hose holes in the firewall.

67-8 E

Firewall cover Engine Compartment side. Dearborn example is pretty poor but you don't find many firewall pads with the insert still there. Should have grabbed that one  but was having enough difficulties with that yard owner that day ::)

Jeff Speegle

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 11:12:55 PM »
++++++++++++++69+++++++++++++++++

Only one picture of what was described as a 69 heater delete "kit" that was for sale

69 A

Heater Delete Kit

++++++++++++++70+++++++++++++++++

Only have three pictures related to the firewall/heater plate

70 A

Firewall Plate  Engine compartment side

70 B  Interior side

70 C

Firewall Plate installed - ignore the PO added plumbers tape/strap added to the center for some unknow purpose

Sorry haven't seen any 71-up heater delete parts or  pictures   :(
Jeff Speegle

Offline Mike_B_SVT

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 05:24:12 PM »
Was the Heater Delete selection available in all states?  I recall reading somewhere that it was only available for Hawaii cars - but that discussion was in regards to '69 Cougars, so I'm not sure how it compares to Mustangs.

Very cool pics, by the way!
Mike B.

2003 Mustang Cobra Convertible
1 of 354 in Sonic Blue

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior), 428SCJ, Ram-Air, 4-speed w/ Hurst shifter
Built: Dearborn, Oct 6th, 1969
Cat Bites Man!

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 05:42:50 PM »
Was the Heater Delete selection available in all states?  I recall reading somewhere that it was only available for Hawaii cars - but that discussion was in regards to '69 Cougars, so I'm not sure how it compares to Mustangs.

Very cool pics, by the way!

Believe that like the radio you could delete that item if you wanted to as a purchaser.  Most of the cars appear in the Southwest and Hawaii along with cars that owners planned on racing (less weight idea)  in one form or another  from the ones I've seen
Jeff Speegle

Offline svo2scj

• Car Collector and home to WHEEL CITY FAIRLANE
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 09:25:38 PM »
To a guy that spent a lifetime in junkyards and photoing Mustangs.................things like finding heater deletes, radio delete or export DSO etc etc must have been "the greatest day" !! 

Though I spent time in yards over the years I never really LOOKED at cars closely.   It was always "on a mission" , looking for a particular part or just picking.   It wasn't until I did it with Bruce in AZ once and learned to harvest parts of certain interest.    (71 Mavericks gave their parts for Mustangs when correct)

The only other time was when I drug my SCJ out of the airplane junkyard in AZ and when to open the door to look  at the data plate.   STOPPED by the owner as a guy was bitten by a rattle snake the week before!

THanks Jeff,
Mark   
1969 R Code , Sportsroof (non Mach) W Axle
AB , Standard Interior  San Jose built 4/22/1969

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 10:50:15 PM »
To a guy that spent a lifetime in junkyards and photoing Mustangs.................things like finding heater deletes, radio delete or export DSO etc etc must have been "the greatest day" !! 

Since the 80's at least it was always a combination of looking for parts needed and ones I could sell at swap meets or friends to pay for my hobby.

With the beginning of digital pictures I had to slow down to capture what I was seeing along with the other stuff. Overtime my focus switched from one area to another depending on the need at the time (always including unibody details though) but I realized I was so blessed with the access I had and that continuous nagging reminder that if I didn't capture what I was seeing at that moment, I would never get the opportunity again.

Then over time it became trips for solely (unless I ran across a really neat part) getting pictures and details to further research or help with someones need on-line. Some times this produced some very funny looks from yard workers and owners. Like the one day I spent a couple of hours cleaning (yes soap, brushes and ten gallons of water I brought with me) to scrub a nice pair of Dearborn front wheel wells in a yard. 

The good thing is that over the years of repeated visits many of the owners got use to the odd guy that just took picture. Though I always tried to buy some things especially during the times when things we're going well. Fully understanding that unless the business was health and open I had no access.

I also choose on most occasions that I always doubled what ever they were asking for gallon or so of little odd pieces of clips and hardware I would take home and that no one else was interested in. The major thing was developing a talent of getting past the front counter into the yard alone and trusted. If that couldn't be worked out or I couldn't bore whomever went with me within 30 mins or so - so be it. I still got my pictures and a look :) Had one owner that sent his pregnant daughter out to watch me in 100 degree or greater heat one day  ::)

Yes you have to stay with it and check every possible vehicle. Recall 68 1/2 starter delay from a station wagon, export brace from a Falcon and so on. Bottom line - great education and opportunities along with everything I was doing locally, nationally and at home.

Oh the fun of the hunt
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 05:52:06 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Offline tobkob

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 12:10:17 AM »
Then over time it became trips for solely (unless I ran across a really neat part) getting pictures and details to further research or help with someones need on-line.
Very much appreciated Jeff.

TOB

1969 (04/07/69) GT350 owned since 1970. Only owner since Hertz.