Author Topic: St. Augustine MCA judging  (Read 11350 times)

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• '68 KR,'69 Boss9, '64 FIA Cobra
Re: St. Augustine MCA judging
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2016, 10:23:21 PM »
I'm sure the matter was closed months ago.
True, MCA judging has become quite an embarrassment.
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2016, 11:01:27 PM »
True, MCA judging has become quite an embarrassment.
That is a intresting opinion from someone who has not shown a car in the MCA since 2003.
I have to believe all of your information is second hand.

Offline mikeljgt500kr

« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2016, 10:03:42 AM »
That is a intresting opinion from someone who has not shown a car in the MCA since 2003.

At a National, yes, but I do take my cars to MCA regionals twice a year or so, and as you know SAAC judges are many times the same as MCA, and I did do SAAC 40 and my experiences were identical to what has been described here.  I also know and trust the people who comment on the problems at MCA Nationals judging lately, so it is second hand but I doubt it is inaccurate wrt their experiences.
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2016, 10:59:03 AM »
Marty, there is plenty of first hand information   I chose not to partake in that here as it seems childish and defensive. I find it amusing that the defenders are posting and contacting by phone and email those who don't have first hand information trying to defend.  I've tried calling and emailing those people and guess what ? They don't respond.
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2016, 03:56:14 PM »
As I see it the pound of flesh is from people commenting and expressing their opinions on a car they've never examined or judged.
 I suggest either only those directly involved or are familiar with the car contribute as all else is not constructive
[/quo te]
I agreed with this statement, there are those that just want to keep stiring this pot and they have no pony in the race.
You are correct that this was settled as far as the MCA was conserned monthes ago. What is unfortunate is that it was not directly sent to you or Bob. That was out of my hands.
Marty

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2016, 04:16:20 PM »
I'm of the opinion that there has been enough of this critique on the St. Augustine MCA judging. This form has turned into a venue to vent ones ire at the MCA. Complain to the MCA. Complain to the car show organizers. Use this forum to improve the state of your car, not your deflated egos.
Enough is enough!
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline mgmradio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2016, 05:51:37 PM »
I'm of the opinion that there has been enough of this critique on the St. Augustine MCA judging. This form has turned into a venue to vent ones ire at the MCA. Complain to the MCA. Complain to the car show organizers. Use this forum to improve the state of your car, not your deflated egos.
Enough is enough!
Jim

+1 Jim. My popcorn got stale a long time ago. Like all judging programs there are problems in the MCA. If you want to try and improve it , than join in the judging community and try to help changing it. I and others have. Bitching on line dosnt do a thing constructive and this is the wrong venue. The MCA website is the proper venue.
Formerly the MCA ANHJ 64.5-66!

Offline mikeljgt500kr

« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2016, 06:00:21 PM »
Enough is enough!
Jim

I can't disagree, this was started as a judging complaint thread and one that has included owners' and judges' perspectives on those complaints.  The similar thread on MCA was closed and totally removed by the powers that be very quickly, so this one was then the only avenue open for such things.  My takeaway from this as an owner is that if you are not satisfied by the judging that was done on your car, (in my experience at MCA and SAAC) better to just shut up and realize that no judges or their bosses will ever change their opinions on your car so appeals are a waste of time, all you are left with is venting and the accompanying frustrations and attacks by some judges.  If you don't like that, just quit the club (it is their club and their judging process and judges and you will not change it) and move on to someplace that you will enjoy more.  This is a hobby, and life is too short (and expensive) to engage in a club that makes you angry and doesn't respect your car or efforts.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 06:02:25 PM by mikeljgt500kr »

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2016, 06:12:33 PM »
What part of "enough is enough" do you not understand?
Jim
MCA 28774
Certified 64-66 by Jeff
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2016, 06:34:30 PM »
Was hoping that we could wait and things would calm down but its apparent that things are deteriorating to a place where exchanges will no longer be positive nor work towards a positive solution. Believe that in the 110+ posts everyone has had the opportunity to express themselves and their experiences/feelings.

Sorry this had to end this way. 

Only choice IMHO at this time is to lock this discussion unfortunately

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 06:39:18 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)