Author Topic: taping of interior door color  (Read 1428 times)

Offline 1969 Cale II

taping of interior door color
« on: May 12, 2016, 11:21:07 PM »
These are the doors from my 69 Cyclone Cale car and it shows how poorly the drivers door was taped off. I know this question goes both ways, which way would you tape it? To make judges happy or restore it to the way the factory did it. The guy taping sure was off just little bit. I hope the weekend binge was worth it.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: taping of interior door color
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 05:45:30 PM »
These are the doors from my 69 Cyclone Cale car and it shows how poorly the drivers door was taped off. I know this question goes both ways, which way would you tape it? To make judges happy or restore it to the way the factory did it. The guy taping sure was off just little bit. I hope the weekend binge was worth it.

Easy one for me - document and repeeat what you found.  Include a picture in your show binder so that you can introduce the subject before judging starts (if you can) - "before you get started can I show you some pictures of what we found ..."

Looks like the worker didn't press hard enough on the tape edge around the mask that was placed over the interior color that was applied first
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)