Author Topic: Machine shop in Florida  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Rusty

Machine shop in Florida
« on: June 07, 2016, 01:44:11 PM »
I live in Panama City, FL and I'm looking for a machine shop experienced with FE motors. I have a 69 Mach 1 390 that will need to be rebuilt. Does anyone know of a shop in the Panhandle or even the north Florida area? Basically anything from Pensacola over to Jacksonville.
Rusty Maddox

1969 Mach 1, 390
Actual Build Date:  11/1/68
Assembly Plant:  Metuchen, NJ
VIN:  9T02S129xxx

63C    T5     3A     05L      24       6       5
Body  Color  Trim  Date   D.S.O.  Axle  Trans.

Offline AU SNK

Re: Machine shop in Florida
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 02:06:26 PM »
I live in Panama City, FL and I'm looking for a machine shop experienced with FE motors. I have a 69 Mach 1 390 that will need to be rebuilt. Does anyone know of a shop in the Panhandle or even the north Florida area? Basically anything from Pensacola over to Jacksonville.

I live over on the beach, I will ask around. If you don't mind driving a bit I know of someone near Dothan, Al that if he cannot do it, he would know someone that could and be trustworthy.
Unrestored 66 Metuchen, NJ Fastback 6T09C2435XX
Sauterne Gold Metallic, Lt. Ivy Gold Crinkle Vinyl and White Crinkle Vinyl, Pony Interior

Offline Rusty

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 02:13:32 PM »

I live over on the beach, I will ask around. If you don't mind driving a bit I know of someone near Dothan, Al that if he cannot do it, he would know someone that could and be trustworthy.

Sounds good thanks. I actually grew up in Dothan and still visit family there regularly. I'm working in Afghanistan right now otherwise I'd be making phone calls myself so any info you come up with would be helpful. I've heard of a place over in Milton, FL called Smith's Hi Performance that has a long history with FE's but that was quite a long time ago and I'm not sure if they are still around.
Rusty Maddox

1969 Mach 1, 390

Offline AU SNK

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 02:15:15 PM »
I grew up in Cottonwood Myself. I will get Randall's phone number and report back. He has a small restoration shop in Cottonwood.
Unrestored 66 Metuchen, NJ Fastback 6T09C2435XX
Sauterne Gold Metallic, Lt. Ivy Gold Crinkle Vinyl and White Crinkle Vinyl, Pony Interior

Offline Rusty

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 02:39:34 PM »
Good deal. Thanks
Rusty Maddox

1969 Mach 1, 390

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 09:30:30 PM »
The best machine shop in town is Wiggins (NAPA) on 15th St., but don't know their experience level with FE's.  The machinist there won't BS you.  Stay away from Panhandle Performance in Lynn Haven, as they are more into high performance later model engines.  I also know Randy in Cottonwood but don't know his skill level on engines.  There's some old-timers in town who used to drag race with FE's; you might want to ask around and talk to them about where to go.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline Rusty

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 04:42:37 AM »
The best machine shop in town is Wiggins (NAPA) on 15th St., but don't know their experience level with FE's.  The machinist there won't BS you.  Stay away from Panhandle Performance in Lynn Haven, as they are more into high performance later model engines.  I also know Randy in Cottonwood but don't know his skill level on engines.  There's some old-timers in town who used to drag race with FE's; you might want to ask around and talk to them about where to go.

Thank you sir. I'll add Wiggins to my list to visit when I get home. I've actually already called Panhandle Performance when I was home a couple of months ago and like you said, they don't do FE's. I'll try to hit some shows when I get back and start asking around there too.
Rusty Maddox

1969 Mach 1, 390