Author Topic: Jeff Speegle On Vintage Ford Factory Markings - Video  (Read 6821 times)

Offline specialed

Re: Jeff Speegle On Vintage Ford Factory Markings - Video
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2016, 02:48:26 AM »
yeah its good that jeff  documents all cars from all 3 plants as I only study Dearborn cars (you know where all the coolcars were built ha ha) but all the little details is where its at as over time this is all lost & history cant be repeated as keeping track of & photoing all the marking & sheetmetal date codes is so important with concours restorations to try & figure outa pattern of what was done so many years ago & this is why (the people that care anyway) take the time to doc all thedetails &  sometime youmay only learn 1 thing on a unmolested car & just recentlyi inspected a very original 70 b9 & found something I have been trying to doc all these years & now I know the correct rpm timing on a 70 820 a boss 429 engine .   anyone care to guess or know for sure?

Offline mtinkham

• That'll be easy
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 01:36:12 PM »
Thanks Jeff for your efforts....my first car was a 68 Cougar that my father towed off the highway for the state police - it was abandoned.  I worked one summer at my father's body shop and painted it two-tone (not concours!)

Amazing to see all those Cougars in one place.
1967 S-code Fastback, GT, 3-speed manual, Metuchen, Scheduled 04-21-1967 - Actual 04-25-1967

Offline nham3407

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 12:46:20 PM »
Thank you for the video to give us all some understanding of the markings we can look for on our projects and some insight to what they represent.  Thank you also for taking the time to put it together and provide the location and knowledge to match.  Good Video!
67 GT S-Code, San Jose, 06/67
72 Mach 1, Dearborn, 01/72
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 12/67 (Red)
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 6/68 (White)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 11:10:07 PM »
Thank you for the video to give us all some understanding of the markings we can look for on our projects and some insight to what they represent.  Thank you also for taking the time to put it together and provide the location and knowledge to match.  Good Video!

ALL the praise goes to the West Coast Cougar's owner and crew. Always fun to visit and always one of those places you should IMHO check for parts if you have a post 66 car.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline svo2scj

• Car Collector and home to WHEEL CITY FAIRLANE
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 05:18:29 PM »
Now I know what I looked like on TV !    (Boy that was painful)  LOL

So Jeff...............if you have a 4/69 SJ car with HENRY ( rodriguez ) at rear and KELLEY at the front ..........WHAT SHIFT DID BOTH WORK??????

Mark
1969 R Code , Sportsroof (non Mach) W Axle
AB , Standard Interior  San Jose built 4/22/1969

Offline 1969 Cale II

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 12:00:59 AM »
Jeff, enjoyed your video. Like in advertising, how do you get the word out. I have found matching marks on the Cyclones I work on but have no way of letting people know what I know. I do post stuff here, but I don't think there are many non mustang people here. I mean a good % of people, not just a few like me.

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2016, 09:56:50 PM »

Nice video Jeff...  More.....More!!!...LOL.....!!1

:o)

Tony K.

Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline Anghelrestorations

• Anghel Restorations
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2016, 02:03:56 AM »
I enjoyed the video as well.  Actually liked the ending they put in there talking about your background and yourself.  Always interesting to hear how we got involved in the hobby.  Good to see Scott and Don as well. 
Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations

Offline Raven R Code

• 428CJ ~ 4 spd ~ 3L50
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2016, 06:44:52 PM »
Um....this videos should be locked up in the vault of the Smithsonian. Precious info!
Dave

~ Do it concours or don't do it.