Author Topic: 70 Dearborn Service Decal Location  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Lex

70 Dearborn Service Decal Location
« on: June 27, 2016, 10:26:53 PM »
Doing a little clean up on my old iron(1970 BOSS 302). Needed a few decals one of which is the service decal that is placed on the drivers side shock tower. The one I bought from Osborn just seems a little differ from what I previously had. Does anyone know if this late build car has a different decal than maybe earlier one. Should someone have the pic I would appreciate the info...

Lex
Original owner
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 07:50:20 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline rockhouse66

Re: Service decal
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 08:16:30 AM »
ECS has the most accurate decals and stickers.  They are the higher priced ones in the NPD catalog or you can buy them directly from ECS.
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 05:37:50 PM »
Doing a little clean up on my old iron(1970 BOSS 302). Needed a few decals one of which is the service decal that is placed on the drivers side shock tower. The one I bought from Osborn just seems a little differ from what I previously had. Does anyone know if this late build car has a different decal than maybe earlier one. Should someone have the pic I would appreciate the info...

Lex what plant was your Boss built at and how "late" was your car built?

Should have some examples for you to use and compare to. Reproduction decals can be off a little or allot as examples on this site have shown   ::)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Lex

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 10:13:35 PM »
Dearborn car build July 1970

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 01:50:15 AM »
Dearborn car build July 1970

Here you go. No perfect straight on picture of an original but believe you can pick out many of the features
Did notice one variation. Picture #2 has two printed lines above the FORD SERVICE PARTS and AUTOLITE unlike all the rest that has a single line

Believe this is an example of one of the past reproduction. Notice that they didn't trim it along the bold black border leaving a edge of silver showing

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Steve Schenck

Re: 70 Dearborn Service Decal Location
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 11:28:49 PM »
1970 Dearborn Boss 302. Assembly date is 4-20-70, VIN 178168. The service decal on this car is located on the left side front inner fender panel.