Author Topic: Aerosol cans  (Read 5885 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: Aerosol cans
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 01:16:18 PM »
Only 2 business days...
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 06:46:19 PM »
Unfortunately its the semi-flat rather than the semi-gloss they use to sell. Guess better than nothing  ::)

Got to drag out the couple of cases I bought last time it was available to remind myself of what I got the last time
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 08:21:47 PM »
"Unfortunately its the semi-flat rather than the semi-gloss they use to sell. Guess better than nothing"

Jeff.. I don't ever remember them (Krylon) selling a "Semi-Gloss"..... Only a "Semi-Flat" ever...  I have old Krylon cans going back to the 1980's, and they all say: "Semi-Flat" #1613.  You must be thinking of another brand.

In Black, They did make Flat, Ultra Flat, and Gloss also....Apparently, the regular Flat Black is no longer made. The "Gloss"Black is also available in the Acyli-Quik Laquer in Black, and also in many other colors.  It Is ONLY sold by Industrial distributors though due to Consumer EPA laws...

Here is their whole Acryli-Quik Color line.... All the same colors that they used to offer when it was available "on the shelf" over 10 years ago.. (Yes, It's been that long.)

https://krylonindustrial.com/product/acryli-quik-acrylic-lacquer/

:o)

Tony K.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 08:24:48 PM by NEFaurora »
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2018, 11:16:15 PM »
"Unfortunately its the semi-flat rather than the semi-gloss they use to sell. Guess better than nothing"

Jeff.. I don't ever remember them (Krylon) selling a "Semi-Gloss"..... Only a "Semi-Flat" ever...  I have old Krylon cans going back to the 1980's, and they all say: "Semi-Flat" #1613.  You must be thinking of another brand.

Don't believe so - if I recall correctly it was available in both forms.  At this point it matters little ;)
Jeff Speegle

Offline tobkob

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2018, 04:33:36 PM »
Unfortunately its the semi-flat rather than the semi-gloss they use to sell.

+1   I also bought semi-gloss Krylon  years ago.

TOB
1969 (04/07/69) GT350 owned since 1970. Only owner since Hertz.

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2018, 07:33:49 PM »
Krylon 1613 was the go-to aerosol can for semi-flat black for years for Mustang engine compartments by general consensus (not the concours crowd).  I'm not sure where the semi-gloss version got used in the Mustang community as a standard like 1613.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2018, 05:33:26 PM »
....... I'm not sure where the semi-gloss version got used in the Mustang community as a standard like 1613.

By me and lots of friends :)

In the long run it really doesn't matter. Today we all work with what is available or can be made up for us
Jeff Speegle

Offline Aust1966Coupe

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2018, 02:55:20 AM »
Gday Guys and Girls

In the process of restoring a 1966 coupe with a turquoise and white interior

Attached is a picture of the current color of the doors

I ordered locally some rattle paint to spray out and try and try and match however the paint is very thin and isn't covering

My thoughts are

L-5752 Light Aqua, Metallic - would this match?

Are there paint codes available?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards Matthew

Offline mmsnyr8120

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 02:12:10 PM »
I painted at Ford in Dearborn for 30 years.  My dad painted at Ford in Dearborn for 30 years.  The original Krylon 1613 semi-flat black is out there.  I don't think me asking $12.50 a can is overpriced.  You have to look for it and pay for it.  Just like the heater plenum.  It is out there and you will pay for it.  Walked around the Cadillac, MI Back to the Bricks car show yesterday.  Could really see the difference in engine compartments.  I spotted right away which ones were Krylon 1613 semi-flat black.  The turn out was 538 cars of different makes and models.