Author Topic: 69/70 Shelby GT350 Question  (Read 1445 times)

Offline VikingNJ

69/70 Shelby GT350 Question
« on: September 20, 2016, 09:47:40 AM »
Hello Everyone,

Curious, does anyone know what the part number or actually the engineering number of the alternator for a 70GT350 with 4 spd and p/s and no a/c. However, my car came with battery option #2. I recall that is a 55 amp alternator with single pulley. Would it be a standard 55 amp alt for 351W with ac & PS or something special. I never could find a build sheet for my car in my car. I researched multiple times but no success. Now with excellent repro alternators available out there I would like to see if could get the correct one if it exists. If someone has a gt350 with battery option #2 and has their build sheet would it be possible to provide me with that engineering number. It would be most appreciated. A PM would be fine if so requested.

this forum is and will be always an excellent source for info on these car with so many knowledgeable people out there passionate about mustang and Shelby cars.

Thanks

Nils

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 69/70 Shelby GT350 Question
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 12:42:25 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Curious, does anyone know what the part number or actually the engineering number of the alternator for a 70GT350 with 4 spd and p/s and no a/c. However, my car came with battery option #2. I recall that is a 55 amp alternator with single pulley. Would it be a standard 55 amp alt for 351W with ac & PS or something special. I never could find a build sheet for my car in my car. I researched multiple times but no success. Now with excellent repro alternators available out there I would like to see if could get the correct one if it exists. If someone has a gt350 with battery option #2 and has their build sheet would it be possible to provide me with that engineering number. It would be most appreciated. A PM would be fine if so requested.

this forum is and will be always an excellent source for info on these car with so many knowledgeable people out there passionate about mustang and Shelby cars.

Thanks

Nils
I do not believe there is anything special about the alternator. It would be as other 351 with A/C  55 amp type applications. However it does depend on when the car was built since from approximate March 69 the alternators were metal stamped and before they were ink stamped . Two different engineering numbers too.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 12:47:31 PM »
I do not believe there is anything special about the alternator. It would be as other 351 with A/C  55 amp type applications. However it does depend on when the car was built since from approximate March 69 the alternators were metal stamped and before they were ink stamped . Two different engineering numbers too.
FYI They are all made now to put out 55-60 amps regardless of application. The identification is all that will be different. Same alternators with a choice of stamping.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline VikingNJ

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 01:36:39 PM »
Bob,
First thanks for responding. Yes, car is built in June of 69 so it should have the stamping of engineering number on mounting arm with colored ink over the stamping. Just want to be correct eng number asking everyone if they have same set up and have build sheet they could look at it and let me know whats documented.

Again, thanks so much
Nils
70GT350 FB #2994

Offline VikingNJ

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 01:45:10 PM »
Bob,

Without build sheet confirmation, you are referring to 55A Alt with eng #s C6AF-10300-F or C6AF-10300-G. Car came with PS but no A/C.

Nils