Author Topic: Difference in Length Between 68 Fastback and 68 Shelby  (Read 316 times)

Offline Laurie S.

• Trouble
  • Global Moderator
    • My 1968 Mustangs
Difference in Length Between 68 Fastback and 68 Shelby
« on: October 24, 2016, 04:16:55 PM »
I want to buy a good car cover for my modified 1968 fastback, but I'm not sure of which to get.  The car has a Shelby deck lid, but not the nose.  It does, however, have a front racing apron.  Can anyone tell me the difference in length between a 1968 fastback and a 1968 Shelby?  I'm thinking of getting the Shelby cover so that I'll have a little extra material to pull down over the racing apron.  The basic cover just goes over the bumper on my 68 coupe, so no way would it cover a racing apron.

Murphy, 1968 Coupe - Concours, Original Owner
Trouble, 1968 Fastback - Modified

MCA Gold Card Judge, 67-68 Concours
MCA Gold Card Judge, Modified - All Years

MCA National Show Committee Chairman

Offline jwc66k

Re: Difference in Length Between 68 Fastback and 68 Shelby
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 04:44:50 PM »
In this case, choosing a longer cover is a better idea as you can "tuck" the excess under the front or rear. "Stretching" does not work. I use a longer cover (a gift) on my 66 Fastback, but it has an elastic band on both ends to do just that. For my outside stored hardtop, I use 4 medium (about 5 inch long) clamps to hold the standard size cover to the wheel wells. This is to keep the cover on in heavy winds. This is not a recommendation, just another retention method.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.