3rd Generation 1979 - 1993 > 1984 - 1986 SVO

Motorcraft belt part numbers

(1/2) > >>

hopeto:
Can anyone help with the Motorcraft part numbers for the A/C and alternator belts on an 86 SVO? Thanks

rodster:
I'll look to see what I can find.  Maybe the Ford E5ZE part number will lead you to the Motorcraft number?   

Know anyone at the local Ford dealership? Maybe they can look it up even though it's a 1986?

Let us know if you find anything. Sometimes the stuff that seems simple ends up to be the most difficult!  ;)

You might want to ask on svocop.com too.

bluemax:

--- Quote from: hopeto on January 09, 2017, 09:33:30 AM ---Can anyone help with the Motorcraft part numbers for the A/C and alternator belts on an 86 SVO? Thanks

--- End quote ---

I commented on your post over on the SVOCA site earlier today, where you have obviously figured out the Motorcraft part numbers, but are still looking for the belts.

According to the 1986 Parts Manual, the Mustang w/ the 2.3 turbo option called for;

alternator belt: E1PZ-8620-D Motorcraft JB535-LB indicated as 53 5/8" long
AC belt: E3AZ-8620-E Motorcraft JB390-LA

As info, the '86 oem alternator belts are Engineering part number E5SE-8620-A3A and measure roughly 53 5/8" long. They are date coded with the week and year.

Another Concours detail, please note that the oem belts are a "cogged" v-belt, where the later Motorcraft service replacements are not. I will post another picture to show the difference.

hopeto:
Thanks for all the help!
Yes, I'd love to find some "oem" belts, but I'll be happy with the genuine Motorcraft as a back up.

rodster:
Good info bluemax, thanks for sharing...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version