1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

Early 65 fastback door/window seal

(1/3) > >>

2+2=GT350:
At the end of the seal where it attaches to the body where the door closes is a metal tab with a hole in it that makes one think there should be a fastener there. There is not a hole where one existed before? Is this the correct seal?? All fits well up to this point, any help appreciated. Thanks

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: 2+2=GT350 on January 28, 2017, 03:03:29 PM ---At the end of the seal where it attaches to the body where the door closes is a metal tab with a hole in it that makes one think there should be a fastener there. There is not a hole where one existed before? Is this the correct seal?? All fits well up to this point, any help appreciated. Thanks

--- End quote ---
You may have a replacement weather strip. The 65 Body Assembly Manual shows the end is glued in, the 66 Body Assembly Manual has a screw. The part numbers are different for both years.
Do you have a set of the Osborn Mustang Assembly Manuals for your car's year? If not, you should get a set.
Jim

J_Speegle:
Your going to get asked this allot here on this site. Might consider adding it to your signature.

When and where was the car built? 

Red65fastback:
Mine was built Nov 17, 1964.  I have roof rail weatherstripping with the metal mounting tab as well. There are no holes in the A pillar.  Did the early fastbacks have glued weatherstripping?  Should I cut off the tabs and glue it? I don't want to drill anything.

Red65fastback:
Pics

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version