Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Processes, Products & Techniques

Krylon Semi-Flat

(1/4) > >>

J_Speegle:
Question came up in another thread related to currently purchasing Krylon 1613 Semi-Black rattle can so I thought I would post the following in its own thread so others can find it a little easier. The challenge is that many sellers have stopped carrying this product and others were having difficultly finding the inventory numbers or location to purchase it from. I purchased mine from Granger online a few years back and dug out a case (6 cans) and below are the numbers from the side of the box. Not sure which set are the important one and would invited those that try to report back if your successful or not

Hope this helps others

HL2838E

K01613A00

Interior/Exterior

1613 Semi-flat Blk

Hopefully I got all the numbers and letters correct  ::)

outlawincorporated:
Can I ask Jeff what you paint with this product???

regards.

PHILL BERESFORD.
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

Morsel:
Hey Jeff,

I just went through this just a couple months ago, I wanted the "real" 1613 that everyone loves for the early Mustang Black Semi Flat Black. Turns out you can still get it, just not through any big box hardware store. I called up Krylon direct and found out not only did they change the SKU number even though it's still 1613, but they actually transferred me to another department which was not for retail. It's now called Industrial Krylon 1613. I can probably pull the info off the unopened box I just purchased if people are interested. But basically I called them up made sure we were talking about the correct formulation of the popular 1613, and then they told me several places I could go get it. Turns out one was only about a mile away from where my car was at the time in Fremont so I was able to just walk in and buy it. They have plenty of places that either stock it or that you can order directly from and have it shipped.

The place I got it from was called:

Fastenal - 37420 Cedar Blvd, Newark, CA 94560 - 510-796-4521

Hope this helps,

Jason

DKutz:
wish they would put this list online!!  Would love to get it.

DKutz:

--- Quote from: DKutz on February 07, 2017, 04:14:13 PM ---wish they would put this list online!!  Would love to get it.

--- End quote ---

Oh wait there is a couple Fastenal's in my area!!  too cool

what is the part number??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version