1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Boss

1970 Boss 302 tires

(1/3) > >>

CCP:
 Working on a '70 boss 302. My boss wants to put a set of the correct tires on the car.
  The '70 boss came exclusively with F-60 Goodyear Polyglass, correct?

J_Speegle:
According to MCA
F60x15 no-size Goodyear before Dec 1, 1969 built cars
Post Dec 1 built cars with size in raised white letters

midlife:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on February 28, 2017, 06:01:41 PM ---F60x15 no-size Goodyear

--- End quote ---
No-size or No-side?
No-size doesn't make sense with F60x15 sizing.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: midlife on February 28, 2017, 06:54:25 PM ---No-size or No-side?
No-size doesn't make sense with F60x15 sizing.

--- End quote ---

Concours or judging speak. Compares the highly visible raised white letters with or without size included

Added to my earlier post showing the change over date since OP didn't provide when their car was built :( 

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: CCP on February 28, 2017, 04:39:53 PM --- Working on a '70 boss 302. My boss wants to put a set of the correct tires on the car.
  The '70 boss came exclusively with F-60 Goodyear Polyglass, correct?

--- End quote ---
FYI they may look vintage but the ride and handling will suffer significantly (at the very least) compared to even to the cheapest modern radial tire.Just so your Boss knows. Most people have no idea how much different the car will drive. OK for a show car but not one that you want to pleasure drive IMO. I am not saying they are poor reproductions in fact they are fantastic re issue of the original by Goodyear made just like and drive just like they did back in the day. It is just that tire technology is one of the things that has advanced the most in 50 years IMO. Best of luck what ever you decide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version