Author Topic: 64 1/2 Low Mileage Unrestored Coupe  (Read 465 times)

Offline C7Z

Re: 64 1/2 Low Mileage Unrestored Coupe
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 10:49:23 AM »
Congratulations on your purchase, she's a beauty, and how sweet is that side mirror? that's a talking piece right there. A credit to the PO, also nice to see the generator heat shield still there, that's a few hundred dollars and time you won't have to spend ;)
Thank you - yes the mirror will undoubtedly start many conversations pro and con. 

I am fairly sure that the generator has never been removed from the car.
-D Payne

Offline C7Z

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 10:54:18 AM »
Enviable find!

Only ONE "issue" I took with your posted pictures...That basketball hoop! Personally, I wouldn't EVER park any car next to one (within striking distance) but a Classic Car, I wouldn't even have one closer that twice the striking distance! (Or in other words, anywhere within a 1/2 block of a basketball hoop) Nothing against basketball but I know those hoops and the 'game' itself is hard on cars!
Thank you.  Those pictures were taken when I first went to look at it.  I did not own it yet at that time, so I didn't have much say as to where it was parked.

Rest assured, no hoops or other immediate dangers to the car now short of a tornado taking my house down on top of it.
-D Payne

Offline Hawkeye

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 05:05:33 PM »
Very nice.  Mine has 1  64 on the seatbelt buckles, so Jan doesn't surprise me on metal.  Mine didn't look that good 30 years ago when I bought it from the 2nd owner.  I wish I had kept the generator when I replaced it with an alternator, but I was so fed up with it giving up frequently, I probably wanted to beat it to a pulp.