General Discussion > General Discussion

Now for something different.

(1/4) > >>

J_Speegle:
We can tell that the seasons are changing in many locations as the number of questions have dropped off in the last few weeks.  This often happens this time of year as people roll their cars (or prepare to) out of winter storage or are preparing for the show seasons.

Been thinking about doing something that some might be fun, interesting, challenging and/or educational. Not sure how it's going to work out but I think its the best to just give this idea a try. If it doesn't work out that is fine. If it does - great.

The challenge.

1- I'll post a single picture taken of a car. Often taken at a yard somewhere in the US. 

2- Take a good look at what you see and what you might not be seeing.

3- Remember that is some situations parts and items from other cars may be included in the picture posted.

4- You are allowed only one response per thread and the thread will be locked at the end of a predetermined date and time of my choosing. 

5- Tell us, as best you can, what the car originally was. Things like year, maybe month, options and accessories, body type........ all count. Details like missing carpet, a mounting screw, battery disconnected don't count.

6- Everyone get access to the same (good or poor) picture.

For this first test your responses will be public so you can "borrow" or look at each others work as the week goes along or wait until the last minute to sneak your response in. :)

Likely didn't cover everything - reason for the test.  Hope you find this challenging and fun.

J_Speegle:
Ok - starting with an easy one.

Will close the thread Sunday Mar 29th at 9 PM left coast time.

Remember only one post per member. Have fun.

KevinK:
Here it goes. Looks like a 67 or earlier right front floor. The metal plug is upside down. The washer bag would date it to early 67 model or earlier. The floor looks pretty well rotted through at the front. Lots of misc. interior hardware laying around. Otherwise looks like it could be a nice white car.

Btw, this gives me a chance to kill so time while sitting in the Beijing China airport waiting for my flight home.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: KevinK on March 18, 2017, 01:17:45 AM ---Here it goes. Looks like a 67 or earlier right front floor. The metal plug is upside down. The washer bag would date it to early 67 model or earlier. The floor looks pretty well rotted through at the front. Lots of misc. interior hardware laying around. Otherwise looks like it could be a nice white car.

Btw, this gives me a chance to kill so time while sitting in the Beijing China airport waiting for my flight home.

--- End quote ---
The metal plug is right side up. Meaning it is as originally installed from the factory. The washer bags changed from white to gold lettering in later 66 production . That one is white.Just some hints.

ChrisV289:
Appears to be a 65 based on the passenger side air grate for the evaporator sitting towards the back of the pile of stuff on the left and the passenger side drain hose cover in the middle...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version