1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

67 AC Line is it correct?

(1/3) > >>

67gtasanjose:
I am going over the Air Conditioning lines for my Nov. '66 built 67, Select-Aire system and I get the feeling this line is wrong

Thoughts? Jeff, any pictures? I looked a while earlier today and never saw any like this:

67gtasanjose:
I have these two in pictures that I have from restored cars, the red car is obviously different and the green car (Marty's convertible) cannot make it out in the images I have.

My gut feeling is it is incorrect though I remember changing only the hose between the compressor and Condensor and do not recall replacing this one. No Ford engineering numbers found on the hose end fittings, adding to suspicion it is incorrect.

preaction:
Factory hose has a brass sight glass and the crimped end just behind it is brass also. The factory hoses do have C7 engineering numbers on them also. Richard was that red car at Columbus last year ?

ruppstang:
No it is not correct there is no 90 at the expansion valve. Need pics?

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: ruppstang on March 22, 2017, 12:30:16 AM ---No it is not correct there is no 90 at the expansion valve. Need pics?

--- End quote ---

Yes, please. Your 11/4/66 build date is as close as I know of to mine (from this forum) Thanks for the offer!

I took pictures of another 11/02/66 built example I saw at Carlisle last year but felt it was incorrect also. (see pics) It goes in straight as you say yours does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version