Author Topic: 65 Wiper Motor Harness Tag  (Read 893 times)

Offline mustangmann

65 Wiper Motor Harness Tag
« on: March 24, 2017, 07:23:20 PM »
Hello all;

I am restoring a 66 Shelby carryover car to a relatively high standard.  This is an early August of 1965 built San Jose Fastback.

I am wanting to reproduce the harness i.d. tag on the wiper harness (2-speed with washers) that goes from the switch to the motor.  The tag is located at the end of the harness, near the motor, so it is visible from under the dash.  My tag is weathered, and I cannot make out all of the characters.  I would post photos, but the files are too large.

Here is what I can read...  ??ZB-17B587-? and the FoMoCo logo and the SXr. 

If someone has an original harness, and the three characters that I have question marks on are legible, then I can get some of these made.

I have checked with ECS, and they do not reproduce this tag.

Thanks in advance!

Ken
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 08:49:59 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline jwc66k

Re: 65 Wiper Motor Harness Tag
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 08:32:10 PM »
Ken,
The part number for the two speed wiper harness is C5ZB-17B587-C. You can find about 90 percent of the Mustang related parts and their installation in the Osborn Assembly Manuals that apply to your car.
Jim
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 08:50:07 PM by J_Speegle »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 08:51:25 PM »
Ken and I have been discussing this detail - for the record and others the label for the 66 uses no dashes in the identification number on the ones I found.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline mustangmann

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 08:59:22 PM »
Thank you Jim and Jeff;

Would that number (in the Osborne assy. manual) be the part number, or the engineering number?  Would assume (uh oh...) that the number on the tag is an engineering number, because that exact harness was not serviced separately.

Jeff;  My tag, although not completely legible has dashes between the sections of the engineering number.  Will email you a photo.

Thanks for all of the help!

Ken

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 09:03:57 PM »
Jeff;  My tag, although not completely legible has dashes between the sections of the engineering number.  Will email you a photo.

You already did - yours (65 one) did use the dashes if I recall correctly. Guess I didn't need to confuse things with adding the 66 style.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 09:40:23 AM »
Ken: There would only be engineering part numbers in the assembly manuals.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline mustangmann

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 02:24:37 PM »
Thank you to all;

I didn't realize that the numbers in the assembly manual were engineering numbers, although it makes perfect sense. 

Got what I needed. Now to work on artwork.

Ken