1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

Anchor location for 65 mustang coupe rear seatbelts

(1/2) > >>

Turnings64:
I am new to this this evening.  I know questions have been asked about the proper location of rear seatbelts for the 65 coupe, but  cannot find the discussions.  I have looked for but not found any indication of factory located anchor points and would appreciate any pictures, word and  specific measurements for the location, or good direction to previous threads on this subject.  Thanks much.  I recently purchased a nice 65 coupe , and would like to get the belts in place.

Crgjohnson:
Did the 65 even have rear seat belts? I also have a 65 without mounting holes for rear seat belts. I just thought 66 was the first year that rear belts were required hy law.
Craig

jwc66k:
Welcome to the forum. Rear seatbelts were a dealer installed option only in 1965. They became standard in 1966. Use the search feature with quotes around "rear seatbelts". I got nine hits.
Jim

Turnings64:
Craig,  I believe you are correct that seat belts were not required for 65, but my grandchildren tell me they can   not ride without seat belts.That I like.
Jim, The guidance was helpful and well appreciated.
Thanks to both Craig and Jim

J_Speegle:
A set of the anchor plates (shown in the factory kit installations)  are on Ebay currently- just mentioning the fact. Don't have any connection to the seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-FORD-60s-ROTUNDA-REAR-SEAT-BELT-MOUNTING-KIT-FAIRLANE-MUSTANG-63-64-65-/302252312517?hash=item465fa447c5:g:FvgAAOSwax5Yn7Ph

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version