Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Interior & Trunk

roof insulation

(1/2) > >>

1969 Cale II:
What are peoples good ideas for the insulation under the headliner?

J_Speegle:
Fiberglass like originally used. For Mustangs you can use a water heater blanket with the foil side removed. If its too think you can strip off about half and make two.  If you get the yellow stuff the color will be somewhat close to aged  ::) original insulation

Spray contract adhesive (like what is used for headliners)  sprayed to the roof and to the insulation. You can do just one half , position it, then do  the other side while it hangs from the other side.

mtinkham:
A home center (read big) had a couple of what appeared to be ceiling insulation boards.  One side had a white paper-ish surface bonded to a 3/4" - 1" thick semi-rigid yellow fiberglass.  With the white paper removed, the fiberglass "panel" was quite flexible. I cut it to size and bonded it to the roof as Jeff described.

1969 Cale II:
Thanks Guys

svo2scj:
I brought home original material from a trip to AZ (personal junkyard) !    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/svo2scj/100_3884.jpg

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version