General Discussion > General Discussion

Now for something different. #1 Part II

(1/23) > >>

J_Speegle:
Well lest see how this goes.  The first part had over 600 views though allot of people held back either uncertain of the rules, games or details. That's ok - since we all have things to learn and share so with that said lets move on to the second half - evaluating when we see, what those facts may mean and what conclusion can we draw from the information provided.

A note before we start. These pictures were not staged nor am I always sure why I took them at the moment. Some were taken so that if I needed something the next day I would have a general idea of what I left in the yard so that I could return if needed soon after. In general, besides taking pictures I often purchase allot of little parts since few others pay any attention to those, other buyers rarely would ask for them, I get to help get a few dollars in the hands of the owners (I want to be allowed free and complete access the next visits) and its often the little stuff that is difficult to find when doing a restoration.

Thought about doing all the details all at once but for this first attempt choose to do them one at a time so that the discussion is more focused and less like a shotgun   ::). Revealing each number one by one as we go through the details

So here is the first picture with the first feature and item numbered so we can call them out and discuss the finer points. Again this is an experiment to see if we can benefit from this sort of thing and figure out if these are worth repeating.

So for the first item -

Identification - What is it?   
Application - What year/years and models was it used on?

Item #1- Identification -                                       Application(s) -

Answer the questions and we should have narrowed down what the vehicle could be and what it could not be. Hope you have fun

ruppstang:
1. Coupe- Fastback rocker.

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: ruppstang on March 29, 2017, 09:03:07 AM ---1. Coupe- Fastback rocker.

--- End quote ---
+1 obviously NOT a convertible but what year(s) share the limited amount seen of the body itself? I suppose you need to take in the "bigger picture". UNI-BODY PARTS ONLY can narrow the correct response down to the correct answer(s) for what Jeff is now pointing at as #1. I'm saying to keep in mind that the "other items seen" in the picture, not to assume these parts are actually from the VEHICLE in the picture. Marty just shared recently a picture of a 68 Coupe with many "wrong" parts in the same picture.

Remember, the word "ASSUME" can be broken into three syllables!   

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: ruppstang on March 29, 2017, 09:03:07 AM ---1. Coupe- Fastback rocker.

--- End quote ---

Glad to see someone that is not fully versed in the 65-66 cars taking a shot at this.  Responses to the first part of this challenge seemed to focus on the 65-66 period

That is the right shape of the rocker panel - eliminating what it isn't, a convertible.  Now is there anything else in the picture and that panel that could narrow down when that panel was used?   

Know we have allot of 65-6 (or even up) members. Guess no one has a car with the sill plate not in place at the moment.

midlife:
I don't remember seeing that hole in the upper part of the rocker panel on m 66 Metuchen fastback.  Could this narrow it down to a 64.5-65?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version