Author Topic: February 10th 66 San Jose automatic K-Code - Transmission Dipstick tube color?  (Read 728 times)

Offline Morsel

Hey all, I pulled my transmission dipstick tube today to solve a leaking seal and thought while I'm here I'll clean this thing up and make sure I get it painted the correct color. It was painted a gloss black. Every picture I've seen of a 66 K-Code engine has the dipstick tube black, but does anyone know if that's correct, if so is it a gloss black, semi gloss or the usual dipped slightly glossier than the engine bay color???

Just figure might as well get it right while I'm here and have it out.

Thanks,

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline jwc66k

Mine, an Oct 65, San Jose build (6R09K121xxx), is black, more gloss than semi-gloss, a different vendor and process probably for the difference, so here's one tube color in agreement. The tube itself would be no different than any other 289-C4 application. The area around the tube where the bracket is located and the bracket itself are not painted, the rest of the tube is.
Mine is of the non-leaking variety - ;)
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Morsel

Mine, an Oct 65, San Jose build (6R09K121xxx), is black, more gloss than semi-gloss, a different vendor and process probably for the difference, so here's one tube color in agreement. The tube itself would be no different than any other 289-C4 application. The area around the tube where the bracket is located and the bracket itself are not painted, the rest of the tube is.
Mine is of the non-leaking variety - ;)
Jim

Haha, thanks Jim, always appreciate the help, and good call on the bracket part attaching to the block, I would have painted it ;)

Jason
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
+1  Complete tube and weld on arm with on the glossier side of semi-gloss black  just like all the non-K code applications

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:05:20 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Morsel

+1  Complete tube and weld on arm with on the glossier side of semi-gloss black  just like all the non-K code applications

Thanks Jeff, always appreciate a picture ;)

Jason