Showing & Judging > Events

50th Anniversary Cobra Jet Reunion- 2018

(1/4) > >>

DTruitt:
I've been working in the background for a few weeks now, and I am happy to announce that there will be a 50th Anniversary Event in 2018.  The NMCA will be our host, at the SUMMIT MOTORSPORTS PARK in NORWALK, OH.  It should be the weekend before Labor Day 2018, but stay tuned for actual dates.

It is still early, but I hope to identify a host hotel in the coming weeks. I hope to mirror some of the things we did in Carlisle, PA for the 40th. One change is to include all Cobra Jets, all makes (Ford, Mercury), all models (Mustang, Torino, Cougar, Cyclone, Shelby, etc.) all engines (428, 429, 351, 5.4), all years!

As I confirm information I will post it here and on other forums. NMCA will also be promoting it when they announce their 2018 schedule.

If you have ideas or suggestions post them, I'll consider most ideas.

Danny

J_Speegle:
Thanks for the information, the effort and for inviting input :)

mac1971:
This is good news! I see a lot of attention on the Boss reunions and it is nice to see the CJ's being recognized as well. I may even try to bring my car down from Toronto as it will be finished by then. Look forward to updates on this event.

DTruitt:
The plans are moving forward, we hope to be able to announce the Host Hotel in the near future, as well as, some additional details of the event.  I talked with Dave Farley today about car show classes.  We are planning on having awards on both Saturday and Sunday to ensure a good representation of cars and owners are recognized.  The classes will include 428CJ, 429CJ, 351CJ cars and Late model Cobra Jets.  We also hope to have a dedicated web page or website up and running in the near future.

Personally, I want to see everything from restored show cars, street cars, unrestored cars, project cars and barn finds! 

I'll keep everyone posted, see you in Norwalk!

Danny

DTruitt:
It's official!  Great information here!

http://www.nmcadigital.com/cj/

This will be the best Cobra Jet event of the year!

Danny

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version