Author Topic: Concours Paint Guide - 64 1/2  (Read 898 times)

Offline Hidalgo

Concours Paint Guide - 64 1/2
« on: May 13, 2017, 09:40:02 PM »
 Does anyone know of a concours paint guide for 64 1/2 mustang convertible? I would like to know what gets painted and what doesn't and, for example, do the inner doors get painted the same color as the dashboard and windshield pillars?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:36:02 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: Concours Paint Guide
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 10:01:29 PM »
dash, doors & pillars are same color. it's best to just ask specific questions & be sure to note when where car was built.
5F09C331248

Offline Hidalgo

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 10:40:57 PM »
Thanks for the advice. ! It is a Dearborn car mfg'ed in June. Arcadian Blue/Wimbledon White.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 04:33:51 PM »
Does anyone know of a concours paint guide for 64 1/2 mustang convertible?

Yes but not one published or widely distributed. Plus you question is not defined enough since without know the plant and even when the car was built the information would be too generic IMHO and possibly not exact enough for you to apply

I would like to know what gets painted and what doesn't and, for example, do the inner doors get painted the same color as the dashboard and windshield pillars?

As mentioned yes the dash, A pillars and doors (outer edges on the interior side of the door) are the same paint and applied BEFORE the body color. They were masked off leaving fairly consistent patterns. Most common mistake is where the interior paint stops and the exterior paint starts at the bottom of the door. There are a number of threads that cover these details depending on what year and plant your car is.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Hidalgo

Re: Concours Paint Guide - 64 1/2
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 12:34:33 AM »
Thanks for the added insight! This is my first project car and learning a lot.