Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

voltage regulator review and rubber ink stamping

(1/4) > >>

67gta289:
I have a very nice original C5TF-10316-A voltage regulator and am wondering if there is a rubber stamp out there already made that I can loan.  If not I'll pursue getting one made that can be shared.

Attached is a little something I put together that compares an original regulator with a reproduction, noting some differences.  Also noted are what appear to be factory markings to denote passing of a functional test.  I hope it provides value to someone.

Also as always if it spawns some discussion, whether due to an error on my part, or something I missed, etc. that would be good since I love to learn.  If there is no discussion I'll be a bit surprised ;)

jwc66k:
John,
A scan or a straight down picture would be nice. Here's my progress on a regulator for a 1964 I-6 generator car. It takes time.
Jim

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: jwc66k on May 31, 2017, 12:04:26 AM ---John,
A scan or a straight down picture would be nice. Here's my progress on a regulator for a 1964 I-6 generator car. It takes time.
Jim

--- End quote ---
Jim I am surprised to see a generator regulator blue color given they were pre 65. Is that because it is a service part made post 67? I figured it would be black in the same way the alternator regulators transitioned from black to blue in 67. I have not studied generator regulators.

ruppstang:
John the inspection marks are interesting, I will have to check some of mine.

67gtasanjose:
Curious why your reproduction example looks to have WHITE ink stamping. (just an observation)

A quick search of reproductions from a few popular sites include these images. It looks like several use the AMK image in their online catalogs. I've only included one image of those examples.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version