1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 Mustang

1969 351w choke tubes

(1/2) > >>

1969 Cale II:
Is my carb missing something? The metal tube that comes from the bottom of the exhaust manifold to a vacuum source? Where does the rubber hose attach to? Metal tube to what? My car came in pieces (ever here that, ya right) so I don't really know where it goes. To the tee on the back of the intake manifold?
Thanks Chris

krelboyne:
Steel tube to the exhaust manifold.

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: 1969 Cale II on June 15, 2017, 10:34:11 PM ---Is my carb missing something? The metal tube that comes from the bottom of the exhaust manifold to a vacuum source? Where does the rubber hose attach to? Metal tube to what? My car came in pieces (ever here that, ya right) so I don't really know where it goes. To the tee on the back of the intake manifold?
Thanks Chris

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: krelboyne on June 19, 2017, 12:34:55 PM ---Steel tube to the exhaust manifold.

--- End quote ---
Typically, you draw clean air from the air cleaner thru a rubber hose at the edge of the carburetor, down to the manifold with a short steel tube, thru the manifold heating chamber, into an insulated steel tube up to the choke. The air is drawn via a vacuum generated by a small port in the primary (for a 4V) venturi in the carburetor.
(Thus endith the lesson for today.)
Jim

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 1969 Cale II on June 15, 2017, 10:34:11 PM ---Is my carb missing something?
--- End quote ---

Don't know :)

Chris is this for a 4300 (4V) or a 2V application??

1969 Cale II:
It appears that I am missing the short metal tube at the back of the carb were the rubber hose goes. It is a 4300 4v, it is not the one that came with my car. Mine is an auto, are stick cars different?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version