Author Topic: original Autolite('66) fuel filter inlet size  (Read 541 times)

Offline socalgt

original Autolite('66) fuel filter inlet size
« on: June 21, 2017, 07:48:15 PM »
Not very easy to find the correct size fuel filter for an original 4100.....what is the  thread size of the inlet on an original carb?  Mine may be partially stripped and I don't want to repair it until I'm sure what size the original filter threads are.  Wicks filter is wrong, purolator, etc.  I see one advertised that indicates it is for original carbs only, so I'm assuming that would fit.

Thanks...

Offline jwc66k

Re: original Autolite('66) fuel filter inlet size
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 08:09:48 PM »
The thread is 1/2-20 and it's the same thread that's used on 64-65 carburetors for fuel input. I get Motorcraft filters from Amazon, FG-15, C5AZ-9155-B. They may not be the correct color, but they work fine. Watch e-bay for NOS.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline socalgt

Re: original Autolite('66) fuel filter inlet size
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 11:06:49 PM »
Thanks.....there's just enough decent threads left for the filter to be attached securely.  It turns out I had the correct filter, but it was so loose in the first half of the inlet I thought it was too small.