General Discussion > General Discussion

My first Mustang: 64 1/2 convertible

(1/2) > >>

michaelvonlanthen:
Hi all,
Last Saturday I went to Germany with an expert to check a 1964 1/2 Mustang Convertible in Guardsman Blue with the D-Code engine. I am very happy to tell you that my search has come to an end, just found after a Long search a car that fits my Color- and interior wishes :)

The car is very original and partly restored. It has many options like Rally-pack, AC, console, C4 transmission, AM-Radio, PB, PT, wire-wheel covers with knock-off etc. All Chrome and glass seems to be original and in very good condition. The car has a DSO 75 (Phoenix) and was then driven in Texas. It has original floor and Panels and zero rust.

Someone know this car?

Greetings, Michael

DM_1964:
Congratulations Michael, it looks like a really nice car with the usual 64 1/2 items.
A great find, enjoy!

Josep:
Congratulation Michael, a very nice and clean car, I'm sure you will enjoy it a lot.!
Best regards from ibiza,

Josep

Hawkeye:
If that "1 64" on the seatbelt means Jan 64, they made a whole lot of those in Jan, cuz mine has the same date, and mine is number 3219 (build guestimate of mar 23).
Very nice car.  That's the best color of all of them. (yeah, I'm biased)

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: Hawkeye on June 27, 2017, 05:00:24 PM ---If that "1 64" on the seatbelt means Jan 64, they made a whole lot of those in Jan, cuz mine has the same date, and mine is number 3219 (build guestimate of mar 23).

--- End quote ---
There's the possibility that the instructions given by Ford to its suppliers about part marking showed a sample date code of "1 64" but without further instructions to change the date monthly.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version